Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ocular Drones
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
underaneonhalo
So for a mere 63K and 6 capacity I can take one of my cybereyes for a cruise around the neighborhood, surefire chick getter. Now barring some majorly awesome eyeware in Augmentation why would this be much better than a Lonestar I-Ball? And more importantly what happens to my poor Occular Drone when someone stomps on it? Do I have to spend another 63K + the cyber eye and it's other ware or do I buy a tweaked I-ball with better capacity?

I just don't think it's worth anything near what they're asking unless you have a housecat.
Samaels Ghost
rotfl.gif I would buy a cat just to make the drone worth it!!!
Rotbart van Dainig
It's 3K¥.
Shrike30
I believe there's a typo involved in that price. 3,000 nuyen.gif is what I believe the general consensus is for the ocular drone.

I love the cat idea smile.gif
Protagonist
One of my player's had a private detective character (or should I say private eye dead.gif ) that had one of these and put it to great use.
Shrike30
*groan* grinbig.gif
Shadowmeet
QUOTE (Protagonist)
One of my player's had a private detective character (or should I say private eye dead.gif ) that had one of these and put it to great use.

Ha! Love it rollin.gif
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Shrike30)
I believe there's a typo involved in that price. 3,000 nuyen.gif is what I believe the general consensus is for the ocular drone.

i can see why given that there is no availability number.
Lagomorph
While it is implied that you can't use the version of the I-Ball that has the flash packs, it doesn't explicitly state that. So you could potentially have an eye with a smoke bomb and flash pack in it...
Shrike30
See, i might allow that if they were actually the same piece of equipment. But they're not nyahnyah.gif
Lagomorph
And the same sized, the I-Balls are stated to be about Softball sized.

o_O <- My occular drone
hobgoblin
they are said to be similar in function of a iball, not the same device.
underaneonhalo
Yeah after I thought about it I figured they might have added an extra 0 on that price, ¥3,000 is much more reasonable. I hope augmentation has something like an ocular Shiawase Kanmushi, nothing creepier than an eyeball crawling across the ceiling.
WhiskeyMac
So, is there a hover version of the I-Ball? Basically something that is about the size of a softball that would hover behind/around you and be an extra eye. Like the drone on page 41 of the BBB, but about half the size? Then you could just load it up with a bunch of sensors and have it scope out an area before you need to go in. You could even add the smoke/flash-pak to it and really make it good.
hyzmarca
So, how many ocular drones can a character get installed in his body at one time?

If it is anything like the Disrobe of Eyes then it might be worth trying.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012