Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
JongWK
Full story

Picture

That's it. The UB will rise from Alabama instead of California. eek.gif
James McMurray
eek.gif
Tanka
I could've sworn it was Utah or Idaho or somewhere, not California.

Still, though. Alabama. That doesn't really surprise me.
Cynic project
See proof there is not global warming!...Wait I think we need to look at this as proof of global warming wobble.gif
El_Machinae
Welcome to evolution, boys.

(My that topic looks familiar)
BookWyrm
Still, the "super-hive" has to be bigger, due to the fact that the queens must separate themselves from each other. That's something, at least.
ShadowDragon8685
This won't be a problem. Most states consider a Flamethrower as an "Agriculutral implement", and now we know why.

It's so farmers can cover super-hives in flaming napalm.
torzzzzz
Wow not good if you are allergic, if this is on the increase i am getting a beekeepers suit! eek.gif

torz x
Lindt
"Uhh, Jimbo?"
"Yea Ray?"
"We are gonna need more Raid..."
"Yep."
El_Machinae
They're in Georgia too!

A hive 6 feet tall and 3 feet wide

http://www.wtoc.com/Global/story.asp?S=5138212
Moon-Hawk
For some reason I'm picturing a hand grenade with the words "Bug Bomb" hand-written on the side.
JesterX
And I thought I had a *HUGE* wasps problems last year with my 1 to 10 inches nests all around my house .... I guess that I was lucky... ^_^

I've not seen much this year however... I had (so far) only 1 nest that is empty from last year and another one that is smaller than a golf ball...

And I'm living in Quebec... I guess that's not related to temperature...

That puts me in the mood to re-read Burning Bright again... ^_^
the_dunner
eek.gif

That's just ... /shudder.
El_Machinae
Luckily we're still at a stage where body-armour and gasoline are effective weapons!
Nikoli
Heaven help us when they start their cults...
emo samurai
QUOTE (El_Machinae)
They're in Georgia too!

A hive 6 feet tall and 3 feet wide

http://www.wtoc.com/Global/story.asp?S=5138212

I keep expecting that thing to grow eyes.
ShadowDragon8685
Yep. Now you need the gasoline and body armor.
underaneonhalo
You know I've always wanted to live someplace a little cooler, anyone want to buy some georgia real estate? biggrin.gif

It's funny though, last year yellow jackets around my place were unusually aggresive, this year I haven't seen a one... oh god they must be plotting...
torzzzzz
This i assume must be a US thing as we don't get them in the UK, we do have problems with wasps but I have never seen anything as big as that.

Well the thing to worry about is if they do have a plan we are screwed!

torz x biggrin.gif
underaneonhalo
QUOTE (torzzzzz)
This i assume must be a US thing as we don't get them in the UK, we do have problems with wasps but I have never seen anything as big as that.

Well the thing to worry about is if they do have a plan we are screwed!

torz x  biggrin.gif

Yellow jackets can be pretty annoying this side of the pond but it could be worse.
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (underaneonhalo)
You know I've always wanted to live someplace a little cooler, anyone want to buy some georgia real estate? biggrin.gif

One of the reason why I moved up to DC. Yeah, DC can get hot too, but it's still cooler than Atlanta and when the city shuts down in the winter due to snow, at least there's actually snow and not the single snowflake. hehe.
underaneonhalo
QUOTE (PBTHHHHT)
...when the city shuts down in the winter due to snow, at least there's actually snow and not the single snowflake...

If only you were joking...

torzzzzz
QUOTE (underaneonhalo)
[Yellow jackets can be pretty annoying this side of the pond but it could be worse.

nooooooo!

I must admit I hate the dam things! Not much insect wise disturbs me but carnivorous, parasitic, stinging ones I am not too good with!

like I said its armour plated bee suits! wink.gif

torz x
Nidhogg
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Jul 22 2006, 07:04 PM)

What you need, my friend, is my patented Gasoline Body Armour®!

For a nominal fee, I will come to your house, cover you in gasoline, and set you ablaze. Insects will never trouble you again!
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Nidhogg)

For a nominal fee, I will come to your house, cover you in gasoline, and set you ablaze. Insects will never trouble you again!

Nor will anything else, I expect.

Until I find myself in the middle of Bug City, we can safely rule out self-immolation. Or even voluntarily being immolated.
El_Machinae
Does capillary action work on wasp nests? I mean, if you put part of it in a bucket of gasoline, would the gasoline soak into it?

I would suspect they're water-proof.
Snow_Fox
dear goddess, that's hideous. It makes my flesh creep.
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685)
QUOTE (Nidhogg @ Jul 24 2006, 06:34 AM)

Nor will anything else, I expect.

Well, as long as one does not mind having bugs on their decayed corpse (even an extra crispy one). But if one cares about that, they have some issues they need to work out.
JongWK
QUOTE (Snow_Fox)
dear goddess, that's hideous. It makes my flesh creep.

I guess it's a good time to talk about mind-controlling wasps?

eek.gif vegm.gif
torzzzzz
No ! for the slightly phobic it is not a good time!

Torz frown.gif
child of insanity
considering that a simple soap/water combo will kill bees and hornets _very_ quickly, would it work on bug spirits? if you get a direct hit on a bee with even a soap bubble they'll die within seconds, could it work in SR?
but dear god that's a huge bloody nest. glad i don't have to worry about those... just drop bears and the occasional rabid roo:p
torzzzzz
QUOTE (child of insanity)
considering that a simple soap/water combo will kill bees and hornets _very_ quickly, would it work on bug spirits?

Cool bug in a bubble! biggrin.gif

torzx
Tiralee
Moonhawk
For some reason I'm picturing a hand grenade with the words "Bug Bomb" hand-written on the side.

"Bug-Be-Gone, F%uck Yeah! Savin' the world every mothaf%cking day, yeah!"

My players now, always, take a case of the stuff with them, everywhere. If I'm going to do an underwater run, I'm expecting some ingenious pressurised container to pop up, filled with the stuff.

I will say that after seeing the pics, I felt a very strong urge to "kill it with fire".

-Tir.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012