Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR3 Matrix tools?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
The Stainless Steel Rat
So I have an idea to create a combination Host Generator and a matrix run calculator. Basically the end goal here is a program into which I will enter the Decker's stats, then randomly generate a host system. As we play I will have a button for each action the Decker wants to take, and when the button is pressed it will pull the correct numbers and calculate the degree of success or failure, and advance the security tally. I think it can save a lot of time at the game...

What I want to know from you folks is if you have heard of anything else like this out there, and if so where I can find it. I looked through the Community Projects and the Shadowrun Archive, (as well as a couple search engines) and the closest I can find are similar to the generator above, but perhaps my search-fu is not as strong as yours.
eidolon
I haven't heard of anything quite that extensive, but I'd love to see it when it's done. Sounds like a great idea!
Platinum
There is a matrix host generator already in the archives ... and I have just recieved a javascript version from gurth. The other ones seems to have went bye bye.

online matrix generator

Gurth's Vb generator.
eidolon
I just wish Gurth's had gotten updated to SR3 Matrix rules.
Platinum
Good thing you linked back to this, I forgot about it. A few more features would be awesome... I was thinking of trying my hand at this with c#, but have not had the times.

The ability to add programs with their ratings, have a "loaded" flag, that matches against the active memory of the deck. What are you writing this in?
The Stainless Steel Rat
Visual Basic and Excel - I know some C++, but I think this will be easier in the long run.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012