Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cyberlimb Implantation Question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
WhiskeyMac
Alrighty, I have a character concept and need a little discrepancy cleared up for me. I have 2 cyber-arms. Each arm has 15 capacity. If I was to put a commlink in my right arm, would I use the implanted commlink price or would I use the regular commlink price? The implanted commlink is for your head and uses capacity of a cyber-skull but what if I just take my regular commlink and put it in a little DNI alcove in my cyber-arm, what would be the price then? Also, with the implanted grapple gun, is that for flesh arm implantation and not cyber-implantation or both? I'm just a little fuzzy on the implant rules, having never really made a character with implants before.
Samaels Ghost
would I use the implanted commlink price or would I use the regular commlink price?

Implant. Normal cost. None of the implants change price if you choose capacity over essence or vice versa.

The implanted commlink is for your head and uses capacity of a cyber-skull but what if I just take my regular commlink and put it in a little DNI alcove in my cyber-arm, what would be the price then?

The book says that the Headware can be implanted in cyberlimbs, using that exact generic term. Considering that It doesn't seem unlikely that this wouldn't work. Unorthodox, but not impossible. A hand/foot cyberlimb has the perfect amount of space for a commlink/sim module. I'm not sure whether the internal com comes with a sim module built in though. You wouldn't be able to use it if it didn't. AS for price for what you wanted to do, I wouldn't charge you extra. Makes no sense to.

Also, with the implanted grapple gun, is that for flesh arm implantation and not cyber-implantation or both?

Both. Either use capacity OR essence. I would say, however, that it would take up the "one cyberweapon per limb" slot that natural arms are limited to.
WhiskeyMac
I was asking because the grapple gun is 500 nuyen.gif normally. Implanted it is 2500 nuyen.gif when all it has attached is a DNI hookup so you can fire it mentally. Does that mean DNI hookups are 2000 nuyen.gif or because you have to fit it to your arm it is an extra 2000 nuyen.gif ? And I was thinking that the commlink would be normal price because it isn't implanted in my head, it's my arm, so? I didn't know which prices to use.
Samaels Ghost
The price difference is probably due to the differing designs. You have to make a remarkably different looking grappling gun to fit it into the arm and not have it rip out. The DNI is not likely the majority of the price hike. Datajacks are only 500 bucks after all.
Would the internal comm cost less if it was connected somewhere else other than straight into your brain? Nah, there has got to be special, more expensive ways to do what you're asking to do. To keep it simple, it costs the same. No brain surgery but neccesary surgery-voodoo it get it to work from your cyber leg without interfering with normal functions. Same price.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012