Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hello, what's this?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
ShadowSnap
Hello!

I've checked the rules and I'm not sure what the etiquette is on introductory posts, but I wanted to jump in somewhere and introduce myself. I'm ShadowSnap, and I'm a relative neophyte to the ways of Shadowrun, and RPGs as well, but I enjoy writing, and I love the cyberpunk mythos, so I'd love to get involved with some games on these boards.

Well, here's looking forward to some profitable runs. biggrin.gif

ShadowSnap
torzzzzz
hi and good luck cyber.gif

torz x
Ancient History
Heeey.
emo samurai
Hi. I'm emo samurai. You will grow to either love or hate me. biggrin.gif
Moon-Hawk
Most likely both. smile.gif
James McMurray
Yo and stuff.
stevebugge
Nice to meet you, welcome to the (fairly well) controlled chaos and insanity of Dumpshock.
Butterblume
And here I thought a first post should either be a question asked a few dozen times already, or already be answered in the third topic from above...

Welcome rotate.gif
JesterX
Hi, my name is JesterX and I'm a Shadowrunolic.

<chorus>
Hi JesteX
</chorus>

Seriously, welcome, have fun, and remember to never deal with a dragon.
ShadowSnap
Thanks for the welcome, folks. Looking forward to some gaming smile.gif
Herald of Verjigorm
This is the kind of thread where I'd usually warn you about the random flames, but I honestly haven't seen a war for a while.

Maybe we just need another firearms realism thread, or someone touting the virtues of triple-wielding.
Grinder
Hi, welcome and enjoy Good Clean Fun. biggrin.gif
Mister Juan
Fresh meat.
Catsnightmare
Welcome to The Shadows!

And always remember...
Shoot straight, conserve ammo, watch your back, and never, ever cut a deal with a dragon.
toturi
QUOTE (stevebugge)
Nice to meet you, welcome to the (fairly well) controlled chaos and insanity of Dumpshock.

Capt Chaos is dead. The chaos is no longer controlled, if ever. But insanity is always welcome.

The shadows always want for a few expendable runners.
emo samurai
Why has it been so peaceful, anyway?
Jrayjoker
You did pretty good on your first post, very polite and concise. We will break you of that bad habit very soon, Oh yes we will! ork.gif

You should have posted some innocent question that hs already been dicussed to death last week so the @$$holes could come out of the woodwork and you would know who to watch out for.

Welcome and don't be put off, we all love each other so much here. wink.gif

And you must read the drop bear thread from start to finish, it is required by law.
emo samurai
You also have to read my character and campaign thread(s). The last one got burned to the ground by dumbasses.
Butterblume
QUOTE (emo samurai)
Why has it been so peaceful, anyway?

It's really hot here in Germany. My Aunts in Virginia and British Columbia ttell me it pretty hot there also, so it might just be the weather.

Who needs a flamewar at a time like this? I opt for cold war.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (Jrayjoker @ Jul 25 2006, 08:43 AM)
You did pretty good on your first post, very polite and concise.

Pretty good, except for being an off-topic post in a forum without an off-topic area wink.gif

But hey, someone who posts an intro post almost by definition doesn't know better (y'know, being new and all), so no hard feelings.

~J
Jrayjoker
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)

Pretty good, except for being an off-topic post in a forum without an off-topic area wink.gif

But hey, someone who posts an intro post almost by definition doesn't know better (y'know, being new and all), so no hard feelings.

~J

The polite and concise can excuse a lot, I think. And now he will know better.
knasser

I'm pretty new here myself, but I'll welcome you anyway. I'm knasser. I do really really long posts so that no matter who you are, you can always find something in there to disagree with me about. wink.gif
hobgoblin
Pretty good, except for being an off-topic post in a forum without an off-topic area

there was one (never visited) but i belive the reason for it being shut down was that it was eating up to much database vs what it gave back to the community (i guess one cant value peace and quiet until the gates of hell are torn down)...
Kagetenshi
It was more shut down due to eating up too much admin time vs. what it gave back to the community. That and the giant firestorm that took place at the end.

~J
stevebugge
QUOTE (knasser)
I'm pretty new here myself, but I'll welcome you anyway. I'm knasser. I do really really long posts so that no matter who you are, you can always find something in there to disagree with me about. wink.gif

I'll have to disagree with you there, I can't always find something to disagree with you about in the long posts. Now the short ones are an entirely different matter. silly.gif
ShadowSnap
QUOTE (Jrayjoker)
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Jul 25 2006, 10:03 AM)

~J

The polite and concise can excuse a lot, I think. And now he will know better.

Ahh.... sorry about that. I know some forums look down on posts like these, so I checked the rules over closely. I didn't see anywhere obvious for it to go, so I figured I'd stick it in here. Sorry again.
Shrike30
Eh, no worries. Welcome smile.gif
Sahandrian
I'm Sahandrian (though that name would be different if I chose it now). I ocasionally post rambling horror stories about my games and the player antics involved. Every once in a while I manage to make myself look like an utter moron, but not often thanks to my rare posts.

I think I may have maintained "Moving Target" status longer than any other poster.

...but whatever. Welcome.

Edit: Well now that I look, Catsnightmare has been here longer at the saem rank. So nevermind, I don't really stand out at all.
thefather
hello. also fairaly new here as well. hope u find it as fun as i have.

so goodluck, keep your head down, and watch for drop bears eek.gif
Grinder
Lesson learned biggrin.gif

Come over to the Drop Bear Thread and introduce yourself there too.
torzzzzz
QUOTE (Herald of Verjigorm)
This is the kind of thread where I'd usually warn you about the random flames, but I honestly haven't seen a war for a while.

Maybe we just need another firearms realism thread, or someone touting the virtues of triple-wielding.

so talking about bullets................ biggrin.gif

torz x
stevebugge
QUOTE (torzzzzz)
QUOTE (Herald of Verjigorm @ Jul 24 2006, 06:01 PM)

so talking about bullets................ biggrin.gif

torz x

You missed the memo apparently. Heavy Pistols fire a .52 Round made of cast Unobtanium propelled with Mystery Physics Defying Chemical X
torzzzzz
Ah thanks for that I did wonder! biggrin.gif

torz x
Lindt
What!?! No one has offered this man a dikoted AVS manafested ally sprit to have sex with yet?

Slackers...

Welcome to DumpShock.
stevebugge
QUOTE (Lindt @ Jul 27 2006, 08:55 AM)
What!?!  No one has offered this man a dikoted AVS manafested ally sprit to have sex with yet?

Slackers...

Welcome to DumpShock.

We couldn't. They are caught in the same production and shipping backlog with the GM screens

I suppose we should offer some Swordfish Mustardball while we wait for the Dikoted AVS Allies to come in.
eidolon
Mmmmmm. Swordfish mustardball. *goes off to fridge*
torzzzzz
You put it in the fridge?! nyahnyah.gif

torz x
eidolon
It's great that way. You can cut it easier. Doesn't spread as well though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012