Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun Comic Test Page
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
BURN:Cycle
I've noticed a lot of Shadowrun fan art popping up recently. Me and some friends are looking into creating a SR comic book (probably miniseries) and we need a good writer. We've tried to come up with something ourselves but, admittedly, none of us are writers. Fortunately, we are fairly decent artists.

Here's a sample page we came up with...

Anyone who is interested, post here or shoot me a PM. Thanks.
DV8
Yeah, I have to say that the quality is quite okay. Personally, I set very high standards for web-comics, but a Shadowrun-specific comic would definitely sweeten the deal for me.
Stumps
I'll ask around at Underworld93.com as well. Some old Shadowrun hats with a creative fling hang out there.

I'll see if anyone is interested.

Nice work!
emo samurai
I was thinking of making an SR webcomic with a relatively high-concept script; basically, there wouldn't be an "origin" story to the world, since the world doesn't know what the fuck is going on 90% of the time, so the real history will come randomly and unreliably from background noise, corporate speeches, and random screamsheets floating around. The "origin" at the beginning will be a simsense to a Casshern ripoff, and it'll be interrupted by a simsense call. Here's the first 11 pages to the comic that I'd like to propose.

[ Spoiler ]
Gabriel (Argus #2323)
I love the artwork... looks like fun. I might be able to come up with a one-shot script for you.
Lagomorph
Could make comics out of the clue files heh. I don't have the link, but I know some one around here does. If they were done in a completely in character description, it would be hilarious I think.
underaneonhalo
QUOTE (Lagomorph)
Could make comics out of the clue files heh. I don't have the link, but I know some one around here does. If they were done in a completely in character description, it would be hilarious I think.

Ta-da!

I agree, I love those.
Apathy
[edit]Too slow...[/edit]
Kagetenshi
What a coincidence.

You can find samples of my writing here and here. If you're interested in working with me, I'd be game for working with you.

~J
James McMurray
Looks nice!
tisoz
QUOTE (BURN:Cycle)
I've noticed a lot of Shadowrun fan art popping up recently. Me and some friends are looking into creating a SR comic book (probably miniseries) and we need a good writer. We've tried to come up with something ourselves but, admittedly, none of us are writers. Fortunately, we are fairly decent artists.

Here's a sample page we came up with...

Anyone who is interested, post here or shoot me a PM. Thanks.

Continuity between top panel and chain on elf in bottom panel. But looks nice.

I have several ideas for publishing a SResque graphic magazine. I'd be glad to discuss it with artists and writers (advertisers more than welcome, too.) PM me if interested.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012