Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Misplaced Sourcebooks
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
ShieldT
Okay, Magic in Shadowrun can't (in canon) A: Teleport or B: Break Dimensional Barriers but... Sufficiently Advanced Technology might.

If you wanted to drop a collection of Shadowrun sourcebooks and novels (or maybe just one) into a run:

Which ones would you pick?

How would you do it?

Would they be worth anything?

Would they explain anything about probability curves/fundamental nature of a dice-point based universe?

What would happen to them and your runners?
DV8
I re-read your post three times, and I still have no idea from what angle you're approaching this, or even what you're trying to approach. Could you try and rephrase your questions?
Samaels Ghost
Thinks he's trying to drop SR books from RL into the game world. Kinda like fighting a giant d20 in D&D or something. goodbye suspension of disbelief.
Jrayjoker
Yeah, I'm thinking that is the point.

Treat it like a vast government conspiracy, covering up those who knew too much too soon, and hiding all the books. Of course they had to keep a few of each book for reference as the world changed.

Something like that...
Lindt
*scratches head and walks away confused*
knasser

Drop in 2XS, the novel. Doesn't contain too much that players shouldn't know and reads like an authentic story(ish).

Also, Corporate Shadowfiles which works as something that you could find in the SR setting, albeit a bit out of date.
Snow_Fox
pretty much most of the 1st ed source books- like the Street Samurai book-the original gun book or 1st Ed Rigger Black Book, London or Seattle SB's, the book where biotech was first showqn- heck they even inlcuded ads for 21st century products (which sounded a lot better when we were only living in the 20th century.). Since they were presented like catalogues for the readers,

and of course the Universal Brotherhood which was written as a hand out.
MK Ultra
Actually most SBs that wheren´t entirely rules where presented as Shadowland documents, thuss they have already been droped into the sr universe. But I guess that´s not what ShildT´s question is about. So for a champaign about a conspiracy keeping the 1990s/2000s SR RPG hidden, I giving the players access to any Adventures while they are playing through them might give an interesting twiat to the storry.
Grinder
The newer sourcebooks are still presented as shadowland documents, just think of SoE and the like.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012