Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Creater Lake and the Tir
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Chaos
Just gor the tir book an was wondering 2 things

A) what is it that Harlequin is saying in sprethial?

B) what are the "buildings" floating above Creater lake in the book? Is it mentioned anywhere else?

thanx
FlakJacket
QUOTE (Chaos)
B) what are the "buildings" floating above Creater lake in the book? Is it mentioned anywhere else?

Not sure if that was ever really explained. Shadowrun does that a lot- leaves open ended situations so that you can do what you want with them. To my mind, they always reminded me of those Theran floating Guild Houses from Earthdawn.
Ancient History
Harley's phrases in the Tir Tairngire book were either unknown Sperethiel words or another language, likely Theran or Precursor Sperethiel.

The buildings (which are no longer floating)) could either have been a reference to the floating buildings of the ED era or the more recent revelation of the floating isle of Mu. Take your pick.
Stormdrake
Hate to ask this but, what floating island of Mu?
Kurukami
In legend, Mu was a continent which sank beneath the waves much like Atlantis did. Here's a link: http://www.occultopedia.com/m/mu.htm

(Of course, some name it "Mu" and some name it "Lemuria"... something which, as I recall, was referenced in Nigel Findley's novel "Lone Wolf".)
Ancient History
Dragons of the Sixth World, Ryumyo/Lung sections.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012