Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which SR4 megacorporation would you work for?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
emo samurai
This is all assuming you aren't a mage or a badass hacker.
Zen Shooter01
Ares Arms biggrin.gif
Charon
QUOTE (emo samurai)
This is all assuming you aren't a mage or a badass hacker.

Not a mage or hacker got it.

Well...

If I'm an american I want to work for Ares because it seems that it's the only corproation with an upper echelon mostly filled by americans.

But if I'm a metahuman, even an american one, I want to work for Evo.

If I don't want to work too hard and want to successfully mask the fact I'm not very productive, I want to work for Horizon.

No matter what, I don't want to work for Saeder Krupp. The top spot is permanently taken and the higher in the food chain, the closer you are to his jaws...
hobgoblin
selected neonet, but that was before i spotted the "no magic or hacking" clause.
Butterblume
Who wants to be a wageslave?
Charon
Countless starving SINless.
emo samurai
This is assuming you ARE a wageslave, not that you want to be a wageslave.

As for Evo over Ares, Ares is also very friendly to metahumans and has very little in the way of discrimination.

How many of you have read Corporate Download?
Critias
QUOTE (Butterblume)
Who wants to be a wageslave?

What do you think just about every single one of us is, right now? Unless, of course, you're a professional criminal who just plays RPGs and hangs out on the internet for fun.
hobgoblin
well i guess there will allways be room for the self-employed.
hmm, you may say that a runner is just that...
emo samurai
Why do so many people like Ares? Yamatetsu is all democratic and community-minded.

You know what, never mind, this is Dumpshock.
NightmareX
From what's said about it in Runner Havens, definitely Horizen. Talk about a sweet job! biggrin.gif
KosherPickle
QUOTE (emo samurai @ Aug 5 2006, 09:43 PM)
Why do so many people like Ares? Yamatetsu is all democratic and community-minded.

Ares doesn't have quite the PR department that Aztechnology has, but they do just fine.

It's really hard to decide which corporation to want to work for, from a wageslave perspective. In actuality, from the wageslave perspective, there might not be much difference between the corps.

But, just to play along...

Wouldn't work for Aztechnology, since I might get sacrificed by a blood mage.
Wouldn't work for Saeder-Krupp, just on the principle of working for a dragon.
Wouldn't work for NEONet, for the same reason as S-K (Celedyr is an owner!).
Wouldn't work for Mitsuhama, because of all the Yakuza nonsense.
Wouldn't work for Wuxing, because of all the Triad nonsense.
Wouldn't work for Renraku, just because you don't know what insane thing they're working on. Too much bad juju.

That leaves Ares, Evo, Horizon, and Shiawase. Any of these are decent corps. Ares is best if you work in the UCAS or CAS (most specifically, Detroit or Houston). Evo is the best if you're a metahuman. Horizon is the best if you're into mass media. Shiawase is the best if you're Japanese. Horizon has the fewest biases of these four, as far as I can tell. My answer is Horizon.
Adarael
Shiawase or Yamatetsu.

Shiawase flies below the radar in terms of 'doing horrible shit to non-corp people'. It still does them, but has done a remarkable job of covering it up compared to other people. It's got enough of a magical research division based in Japanese religion that one of my degrees would be put to good use, and has most of its' holdings in all the places I like or call home - Japan, the Pacific coast, SE Asia, and so on.

Evo because they're less blatantly racist than many of the other corporations, and seem on relatively good terms with most nations I'd be happy about visiting. Besides, their main HQ was in Russia, and that's just keen.

Horizon's a stone's throw from where I live, but they're LA Marketing people. I know LA marketing and PR people. No thanks. I'd drive myself crazy.
Ophis
Since I work in a bookshop i figure Horizan is the best fit. buzz
MK Ultra
I voted for Evo, because if I´m not a mage I´d for sure want to spend my employee bonus points on nice implants (or dream about it, if I don´t collect any bonus points wink.gif). Besides, I could probably put my field of education to use there.
emo samurai
QUOTE (NightmareX)
From what's said about it in Runner Havens, definitely Horizen. Talk about a sweet job! biggrin.gif

I haven't read Runner Havens yet. How is it sweet?
James McMurray
Whichever one pays me the most (except Aztechnology, as being sacrificed to a blood spirit is bad).
Asheron
I voted Ares, because they're an "American" corp, I could get away with being lazy. Of course, they're really multinational and unaffiliated with any country.
emo samurai
I'd think that Ares would be a very driven meritocracy and stuff, but okay.
FanGirl
QUOTE (emo samurai)
QUOTE (NightmareX @ Aug 5 2006, 09:02 PM)
From what's said about it in Runner Havens, definitely Horizen.  Talk about a sweet job!  biggrin.gif

Boy oh boy, are you gonna be jealous of me! biggrin.gif
Horizon is a sweet job because company policy requires each employee to spend a good chunk of his or her working hours pursuing whatever activity he or she wishes - be it just chilling out, playing games with coworkers, or building a better mousetrap (or simsense program, or deadly bioweapon, or whatever). The idea is to promote creativity through a casual working environment, but it also results in lots of nifty employee inventions that Horizon can claim as their own.
MK Ultra
Oh, then I might prefer Horizon to Evo, too. It might be worth being turned into an isect spirit, or whatever is behind them ;P
Oracle
Someone named "MK Ultra" working for the brainwasher-corp number one? biggrin.gif

I am really looking forward for all those dark secrets about Horizon to be revealed in the future. love.gif
Shrike30
Ares. Half of their wageslaves have jobs like "blow shit up," I swear... ork.gif
SpasticTeapot
QUOTE (FanGirl)
QUOTE (emo samurai @ Aug 6 2006, 01:54 PM)
QUOTE (NightmareX @ Aug 5 2006, 09:02 PM)
From what's said about it in Runner Havens, definitely Horizen.  Talk about a sweet job!  biggrin.gif

Boy oh boy, are you gonna be jealous of me! biggrin.gif
Horizon is a sweet job because company policy requires each employee to spend a good chunk of his or her working hours pursuing whatever activity he or she wishes - be it just chilling out, playing games with coworkers, or building a better mousetrap (or simsense program, or deadly bioweapon, or whatever). The idea is to promote creativity through a casual working environment, but it also results in lots of nifty employee inventions that Horizon can claim as their own.

My RL hobby consists of building sub-micro drones which, with a bit of work, can be run automonomously. (I'm a micro-sized R/C fan. Sue me).

I think I'd get along very well there.
ShadowDragon8685
Well, let's see... My criterion are simple...

a: I cannot be a bad-ass mage.
b: I cannot be a bad-ass decker.
c: You never said anything about rigger.

D: Will Ares Macrotech put me in a program where I get a VCR, learn to drive and maintain drones, preferably one where hugely advanced mathematics on my part are not required? (Or install a Maths SPU III?) If yes: Ares.

If no: Horizon. I imagine a media giant like Horizon does a lot of video games.
MaxHunter
If I had no charm, good taste and personality to be a shadowrunner, or at least a badass anything, I'd probably settle for something comfy and reliable as the Shiawase happy family. Kinda of a Mcdonald's brainwashing machine for sararimen.

Cheers,

Max
fool
I find it interest5ing that the hippy/new age/ consensus run mega is the one that is in second place
Mistwalker
Chose ARES.

They have cool toys, and they have NASA, so if I can be a rigger/samurai, I can go into space.
fistandantilus4.0
Personally I chose NeoNet, because they've got great tech, and the rarest thing of all: A completely mundane businessman running the corp, ABOVE the dragon. Damien Knight's an ex-super hacker with recurring wet dreams about Dunkie so he's out.

Aztechnology is probably more likely for a bunch of folks since they control so much consumer goods and have such awesome PR.

Then of course, there's Kong-Walmart.

And I'd say a Shadowrunner would file their taxes (HA!) as an "independent contractor", or the infamous "Resource Adjuster"
Ophis
In my games most runners are "Freelance Security Consultants".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012