Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun Game Cards!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
phasmaphobic
After several months of testing, I am glad to say that my aforementioned Shadowrun Initiative Cards have been a phenomenal success with my weekly game.

I've since modified them, added new cards with new effects, and fun doo-dads for the players. Current;y, I'm working on adding Contact Cards, which you "tap" when they are in use, and adding "Task Cards" to keep track of which contacts are doing what favors in the background.

So far, the cards have been a phenomenal success. I run a group of 7 players, and these cards greatly help keep combat flowing, split-party locations managed, and background tasks compartmentalized. I figured I would share these with you, in case any of you folks like the cards and gain some kind of inspirations from them.

Click Here For the Cards (1 meg PDF)

FYI: they work well when placed in a clear card sleeve, with a card from the SR:tCG used as a backer.

EDIT: I should note that pages 11-14 are Glitch cards, drawn from a deck when a player glitches. So far, the group likes the se a lot more than normal glitch rules.
Ophis
The glitch ideas are pretty good, not sure about the mutant dog though.

I may be buying some card sleeves and using the idea to keep track of things myself. I also love the idea of a band of trolls turning up randomly and helping the situation.
Samaels Ghost
See, that's weird. I liked the dog. Thought that was interesting. Not appropriate in every situation, but the possibly for a running gag is there. Same with those Trolls. Like 'em both.
Aaron
Could you add a page to the PDF that outlines your system for using the various cards? Some of them are obvious, but some not so much.
phasmaphobic
QUOTE (Aaron)
Could you add a page to the PDF that outlines your system for using the various cards? Some of them are obvious, but some not so much.

The character cares are used by me. I keep them in sleeves, and use an erasable marker to track their initiatives and health. I like to pace around a lot, so having a stack of cards to cycle through is a lot easier to me than keeping track of combat on a notebook.

The health cards are for the players, so they don't erase holes into their character sheets.

The unique special affect cards were a spur of the moment idea that turned into an awesome success, Each player gets one, and through in-game awesomeness and such, they might acquire more. For example, in the new sheet I'm working on, one of the player gets a new card called "Big Savings at Fred Meyer", allowing special financial discounts on some things, due to a particularly hilarious joke he told that had the entire group laughing for several minutes.

The glitch cards are pretty self-explanatory. If anyone has ideas for more glitch cards, I'm all ears.

The locations are just tp keep track of the various locations the group frequently visits, and their various lifestyles.

I'm working on a second set now, to accommodate a few new players, and add some more special cards. Also, adding Contact Cards and some others.

One of my ultimate goals is to be able to work in the Shadowrun Card Game, which I own most of, so I can use the game to create an adventure on the fly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012