Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which mega would you work for
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
emo samurai
I picked Saeder-Krupp because Corporate Download says S-K cares more about quality than quantity, and all its magical research stuff is very top-notch, more so than MCT's or Aztechnology's. Plus, since Lofwyr doesn't care about profit so much as power and prestige, I'd probably get more pure research done and better subsidized foci.
MK Ultra
I would off cause pick Aztech, because awsome people tend to end on the Board of directors (if they end up bleeding their life into a chack mol, they have not been that awsome after all wink.gif).
fool
I picked Wu Xing though to be honest, if I were a bad assed mage (what do you mean I'm not a bad assed mage?) I'd be self employed (just like I am now.)
But Wu Xing because they have access to and have accumulated the most powerful mana in the forms of the dragon lines, and feng shui is really importnant to pulling of good mojo.
MK Ultra
QUOTE (fool)
But Wu Xing because they have access to and have accumulated the most powerful mana in the forms of the dragon lines, and feng shui is really importnant to pulling of good mojo.

Pffft, thatīs nothing compared to the Theocalli-Network Aztechnology had. Nobody said it dosnīt work anymore or did they?
Grinder
S-K, 'cause emo chose them. He knows real awesomeness...

edit: and hell, they are german! Jawoll!

rotfl.gif
emo samurai
Jawoll to you too, Grinder. I don't know what that means, but I assume it's good. biggrin.gif
Samaels Ghost
Picked NeoNet because I wanna be there when they explore Technos and I wanna see Leo's deck in person
James McMurray
If I'm just awesome I'll find a way to live the high life without having to work anywhere.
Grinder
QUOTE (emo samurai)
Jawoll to you too, Grinder. I don't know what that means, but I assume it's good. biggrin.gif

Hehe. It's (roughly) a mixture of "Yes, Sir!" and "Yeah!", meant in a positive way.

emo samurai
QUOTE (Grinder)
QUOTE (emo samurai @ Aug 7 2006, 03:23 AM)

Hehe. It's (roughly) a mixture of "Yes, Sir!" and "Yeah!", meant in a positive way.

Cool.

As for NeoNet, doesn't S-K have Leonardo?
Jrayjoker
I voted Ares, 'cause guns is kewl!
Charon
I'd work as a magical investigator in one of the cities KE has the law enforcement contract.

Yeah, like Colombo, except the reason I'd know who the guilty party is right from the start is because I'm reading his mind.

MK Ultra
You know Mindprobing without permission is illegal and also wonīt hold before any UCAS court (and most others I guess).
Charon
QUOTE (MK Ultra @ Aug 7 2006, 11:39 AM)
You know Mindprobing without permission is illegal and also wonīt hold before any UCAS court (and most others I guess).

Columbo's instinct isn't a proof that allows for prosecution either, or else his movies would be short indeed! But he bases his whole investigation on it.

So go ahead, read his mind, find out he's guilty then go about finding the physical evidence once you know who did it!

Like I said, Columbo but with a truly magical intuition.
stevebugge
If I was that Awesome I'd OWN a Mega, not work for one.
MK Ultra
Awh, youīre off cause right Charon, but itīs still illegal (not that KE would care,
back in 2050 they shot people so they could recognize that they where posessed by mantis spirits ;p).

And stevebugge is right, too off cause nyahnyah.gif
Shrike30
It's all about NeoNet. You'd be one of the 3 mages on staff. THAT is job security smile.gif
FrankTrollman
Normally I would work for Horizon, but if I'm a mage I've got to work for the Azzies. They have so much promotional potential and they'll let you do anything ou want, and you get crap tonnes of power site action. Way better deal than Wuxing, where only the top people get to lick the power sites.

QUOTE (Aztech Infomercial)
"More evil? More power? Where do I sign!?"
"But wait... there's more!"
"I can hardly believe that, I'm already sold on the evil and the power..."

-Frank
Wiseman
chose shiawase because I like the idea of mega-japanocorps. Then again I just recently watched that rising sun movie....
Steak and Spirits
Ares.

Because I like heavy weaponry. I like tactical nukes. I like wiping bug juice off my steel toed boots...

...But most importantly, I like working for the mother ******* God of War.
SL James
Aztechnology.
emo samurai
Why does everyone like Ares?
PBTHHHHT
QUOTE (emo samurai)
Why does everyone like Ares?

The weaponry and the established nature with the UCAS. Also the nice support from Knight Errant and Firewatch teams. I think it's also since many folks are from North America, they're more comfortable with an North American corporation, just familiarity. But then again, it's more of the weaponry that I like. biggrin.gif
Demerzel
Ares is the american corp. It is GM, it is apple pie, it is Knight in shining armor.
Slithery D
Everyone likes Ares because they're suckers who don't recognize its evil ways. I like Ares because I'm not a sucker and I like evil. Profiting by keeping Africa a hellhole? Coopting bug spirits to make your sec forces better? Building a private army under the guise of a helpful security company that serves others? Constant shadowtalk references to Ares' Johnsons screwing runners over at a higher than normal level, always dismissed by bootlickers with stars in their eyes?

What's not to love?
Shrike30
A company that pays in milspec firepower? Oh, hell yes.
Metalsmith
Ares: They make the Silvergun, the Famous Heavy Pistol, and the Assault Rifle Grenade combo!
Whats not to like about that?
FlakJacket
NeoNet. A combination of one of my favourite corporations, Transys Neuronet, and my favourite character in the Shadowrun world Richard Villiers.

He managed to claw his way up to owning and then retaining a third of Fuchi before taking Renraku in one of the corporate worlds biggest scams and then managing to walk off with a third of the company and their Corporate Court seat. All without the help or backing of any dragons, Yaks, free spirits, blood mages, Immortal Elves or jumped-up SK/proto-AI's. He did all by himself through sheer hard graft and complete bastardry, thus making him The Man in my opinion.
SL James
I'm a bigger fan of his ex-wife, if for no other reason than she had the restraint to not at any time kill him and take his stuff.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012