Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Technomancer Adepts
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
zeb.hillard
So, does anyone else think they will be coming in the future? Much like Mystic Adepts, where they can split their Responance and the powers of their Living Persona to gain the real-world capability to enhance themselves in some other way?

Just a idea I was curious if anyone else was thinking.
Ravor
Well if they do appear in canon, then I'll simply close my eyes and pretend they don't exist... *winks*
zeb.hillard
QUOTE (Ravor @ Aug 7 2006, 09:34 AM)
Well if they do appear in canon, then I'll simply close my eyes and pretend they don't exist...  *winks*

Sadly enough, the first thing that popped into my mind after posting that was...
"I know Kung fu."
...I drew enough parallels from the Matrix to Shadowrun the first time I saw it, I'm not sure I'm ready for the real world, the magic world, and the technomancers wicked neat Resonance all interating freely.

EDIT: However, with skillsofts, we have that already...
Witness
It's an interesting thought...
mallet
Well if you had full skill wires and were able to download whatever skill you needed off the matrix whenever you needed it that would be pretty handy, and it wouldn't stretch the imagination too far to make it possible.

And wasn't it something with 2XS that boosted people physical abilities by triggering the brain/body to release certain chemicals into the blood system.

And then there was something in Brainscan about a Deus minion with a super Skillwire set-up but he had nanobots that would destroy it before it feel into outside hands.

Anyways, if you were to combine all of that I could easily see that eventually they will have all sorts of boosted/special real world abilities (as long as they can remain connect to the matrix).
zeb.hillard
QUOTE (mallet)
And wasn't it something with 2XS that boosted people physical abilities by triggering the brain/body to release certain chemicals into the blood system.

And then there was something in Brainscan about a Deus minion with a super Skillwire set-up but he had nanobots that would destroy it before it feel into outside hands.

Anyways, if you were to combine all of that I could easily see that eventually they will have all sorts of boosted/special real world abilities (as long as they can remain connect to the matrix).

I haven't had a chance to read 2XS, though I'll look around for it the next time I go to my series of bookstores. Is it a good read?

Need to pick up Brainscan. I have Shutdown, buuut...

"Oh no, someone jammed your connection. Aww, no more kung-fu."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012