Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crash 2 and Renraku Arc Takeover
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Lagomorph
I've been trying to make a TM for an upcoming game (the pains of which should be it's own other thread). I'm trying to figure out how much time there was between Crash 2 and when the UCAS took over the Renraku Arc in Seattle. I looked through system failure, but it appeared to only cover the events upto and including the crash, so I'm guessing the Arc takeover was some time after that, but how long after?

Thanks!
-Lago
SL James
The UCAS effectively took over the Arc shortly after the shutdown in 2059.
zeb.hillard
In Renraku Arcology: Shutdown, pg 49 in the small shaded box that is dated 1-18-60, there is a statement that the quarantine zone had been set up "
Just over two weeks ago." So, that's put it right around the New Year, if not a shade later than.
hobgoblin
hmm, looks like i need to read some more about the arc.
i take it that runner havens have stuff about it?
zeb.hillard
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Aug 7 2006, 03:51 PM)
hmm, looks like i need to read some more about the arc.
i take it that runner havens have stuff about it?

I can't even recall it being mentioned with enough import that it stood out in my mind. Will check again when I'm home from work, however.

EDIT: I do know that Renraku isn't even mentioned in the "Seattle's Corps" section...soooo...
hobgoblin
ye gods...

so whats going on with that place (renraku arc)?
Rotbart van Dainig
Yes, RunnerHavens has the intel.

It's been transformed into a closed housing encalve for the SINless and unemployed as Renraku couldn't pay the cleanup-bill.
hobgoblin
hmm, no wonder i ran into a comment about it being a nice place to do some d&d style games in SR4...
Lagomorph
QUOTE (Rotbart van Dainig)
Yes, RunnerHavens has the intel.

It's been transformed into a closed housing encalve for the SINless and unemployed as Renraku couldn't pay the cleanup-bill.

When did this happen?
Rotbart van Dainig
QUOTE (hobgoblin)
hmm, no wonder i ran into a comment about it being a nice place to do some d&d style games in SR4...

More like Paranoia.

On the other hand, there is no date.
Witness
Not the whole answer, but one piece of it...

QUOTE (SOTA64 161-2)
30/8/2063: Arcology Handed Over To Metroplex Guard
SEATTLE (NN)__ Major General Angela Colloton, commander of Joint Task Force: Seattle, announced yesterday that stewardship of the Renraku Arcology was being handed over to the Seattle Metroplex Guard. UCAs and Renraku Red Samurai forces finished their relief efforts earlier this year, securing the arcology from any remaining or future terrorist threats. Though quiet on the matter for many months, Renraku America is preparing a “Schultz-Aneki Community Project” proposal to the Seattle Council next month.
Renraku Amercia didn’t have the money to reclaim the building alone, and the UCAS is holding on to the arc until they can settle on Renraku’s bill. Sherman Huang, Manager of Renraku America, is hoping the new proposal will make it seem like he’s resolved the situation- just in time for Ranraku’s upcoming shareholders’ meeting that should elect a new board and maybe a new CEO.
>Renraku Fox
Despite their claims, the arc isn’t fully recovered. They still have a few ‘contained’ problem spots, and now the Guard has a new problem on their hands in the form of, get this- squatters. It seems that some of the old Ork Underground passages have been re-opened now that it’s safe and the Guard doesn’t have the manpower to track all the squatters down.
>Marcelles
Colloton hasn’t pulled all of her troops yet- they’re still guarding the reactors in the basements, along with a few other key points.
>Hangfire
Lagomorph
Hm thanks Witness, I'll have to rethink my characters' background a bit I guess. It sounds like there was no RenArc when Crash 2 happened.
Grinder
The arc's still in place, only the guys who are running the show have changed wink.gif
Witness
QUOTE (Lagomorph)
Hm thanks Witness, I'll have to rethink my characters' background a bit I guess. It sounds like there was no RenArc when Crash 2 happened.

Might still have been Renraku people hiding out in it or trapped in it.
Synner
Chronologically the liberation of the Arc picked up speed after the events in Brainscan and Deus' apparent death. By late-2063/early 64 (and SOTA64) the reclamation was almost complete but the ACHE (the new Arcology enclave) was only established much later after the aftermath of the Crash 2.0 was dealt with (sometime during the 5 year leap to 2070).

Of course, no one knows for sure whether the Arc was completely sanitized and what remnants of Deus' handiwork might still be hidden away in the glorified social housing project...
Lagomorph
So what is the difference between the liberation and the ACHE?
SL James
The ACHE stuffed people back inside...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012