Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Technomancer Question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Exodus
How does a technomancer store data that he has collected?

Is it possible that he could gain access to his commlink and while hacking transfer the data onto that commlink?

Just a question, I'm not really sure how they are supposed to store datum.
Jaid
sure. they could also use their clothing, just about any object in their posession, or any one of a number of online storage sites to transfer the information too (for example, by emailing themselves).
Lagomorph
I believe that Jaid is using the example that every thing is wirelessly connected and that they all have some area for storage. Since SR4 doesn't specify size limits for data, you could store any amount of data anywhere. The most logical place is a commlink, or online storage place of some kind.
fool
In one of my recent adventures, I stored the data that we had to download into my gun. I just couldn't resist the irony of it.
Bandwidthoracle
Here's another technomancer question:
Do they all end up with the cheapest comlink around strapped to their side so they fit in and don't set off triggers for not having ID?
Samaels Ghost
QUOTE (Bandwidthoracle)
Do they all end up with the cheapest comlink around strapped to their side so they fit in and don't set off triggers for not having ID?

Nah, otherwise people with implanted ones would be singled out.
Drace
QUOTE (Bandwidthoracle)

I played it like that. Because even implanted ones were beiing broadcasted in certain areas.

The TM that use to be in my group use to have a crap comm built into the case of what looked to be a super slick one, so that no one knew he was a TM and then didn't ask any questions about why he was so good in the matrix, they all thought the Comm helped alot, untill they got captured and it was taken away, and he broke them out with his mind lol.
Bandwidthoracle
QUOTE (Exodus)
How does a technomancer store data that he has collected?

Is it possible that he could gain access to his commlink and while hacking transfer the data onto that commlink?

Just a question, I'm not really sure how they are supposed to store datum.

I always figured there where several places kinda like gmail but for data (like box), in fact I would love to see rules for various data havens, give out some free ones that have limits, give out some legit for pay ones, and some shadow ones things like privacy.
Conskill
If you have any token cyberware at all, you also have a harddrive. In play, my current Technomancer just subscribes his datajack to his Brain Commlink and uses the jack as his HDD.

I'd also vote that it's wise for a Technomancer to have a normal commlink, just for the sake of having it. No need to advertise "I can hack with my brain." in any situation where the evil antagonists might assume you're a hacker and just take your toys away.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012