Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RL Body modifications
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Neruda's Ghost
I know it's nothing new, but this interesting article made me think of all those people in SR that get 'elf-ear' modications, amongst other things.

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/08/08/e...d.ap/index.html
hobgoblin
just as long as they dont go wow/anime length.
Chrome Shadow
Meau!
Smiley
Freaky...
Someone call me when wired reflexes hit the market.
El_Machinae
We'd need a real shift in culture for this to become actually popular. Though, if you'd raised the idea 40 years ago for breast-implants...
Smiley
True, but I can't really see the appeal of the tongue thing. Breast implants, however...
BookWyrm
I think I'll wait until I can get eyes like Geordi LaForge in Star Trek-First Contact. Until, then, I'll use my fake ear-tips & spirit gum if I want to be an elf-poser for Halloween.
Tanka
QUOTE (Smiley)
Freaky...
Someone call me when wired reflexes hit the market.

Wired and Datajacks. That's all I need, baby.

(And better bones, and better muscles, and better eyes and ears and...)
SpasticTeapot
Eh. I'll take leonization above all of 'em.
After all, if you've got that, you can afford to wait for the rest!
FanGirl
I'm waiting on the fiberoptic hair myself. smile.gif I'll pass on the cybereyes, though: even the idea of contacts makes me squeamish because I'm paranoid about the prospect of poking my eyes out with my fingers or something. (And I don't even need vision correction!) The idea of having my eyes scooped out of my head is much too scary to even consider.
LilithTaveril
I'll take cybereyes. Nothing like being able to see in low-light, thermographic, ultrasound, and have the correct time all in my eyesight. Plus, I can take phone calls or surf the web with my eyes if I set it up right.
Tanka
Had I the option, I would be chromed-out.

Why?

Better Than Human, even if I end up going crazy and trying to kill everyone. wink.gif
Samaels Ghost
QUOTE (Tanka)
Had I the option, I would be chromed-out.

Why?

Better Than Human, even if I end up going crazy and trying to kill everyone. wink.gif

Isn't that why you chome to begin with?
Tanka
I wouldn't, no. I'd be in it for the enhancements alone.

But, hey, side effects shmide effects.
El_Machinae
QUOTE (LilithTaveril)
I'll take cybereyes. Nothing like being able to see in low-light, thermographic, ultrasound, and have the correct time all in my eyesight. Plus, I can take phone calls or surf the web with my eyes if I set it up right.

I've already had the laser surgery for the eyes (when you have trouble seeing, the surgery is a lot more attractive); but I'm waiting for biotech to cure my colour-blindness (probably transgenic stem cell therapy). I don't know if I could do the 'cyber eye' thing for awhile - culture would have to change.

Datajack though - baby!

Leonisation is the best bet, because it gives you massively more time and earning power with which to upgrade yourself later. I posit that the technology will be available in our lifetimes, if we push for it.
Kyuhan
Related to this topic, Spurs! Sort of...

http://modblog.bmezine.com/2006/08/10/wolv...ne-or-freakboy/
Moon-Hawk
I would LOVE to see that stupid punk try to "slash" something with his "claws".
Kyuhan
Well I'd imagine they'd work if they were securely bone mounted instead of just skin poked.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012