Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This look about right for upcoming SR4 books?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
zero skill LPB
I've searched the forums and found some hints as to what's queued up, print-wise. Does this look right?

Street Magic = real soon after Gen Con
GM Screen = painful(ly overdue) subject
Arsenal = gear
Emergence = campaign?
Corp Enclaves = location, location, location (okay, two)
Augmented = 'ware
Unwired = warez!

Thanks!
Dr. Dodge
from a previous thread, info from Synner:

For the record FanPro's current schedule already includes (in order):

Street Magic (magic)
Arsenal (gear & tech) ----(meaning gunbunny and rigger stuff i.e. cars and guns)
Emergence (campaign) ----(probably shedding some more light on technomancers)
Augmentation (enhancements)
Corp Enclaves (locations)
Unwired (Matrix and rigging)

Further down the line the plans call for (in no particular order):

Feral Cities (locations)
Running Wild (critters)
Awakened Haunts (locations)
new "Corp Download" (corps)

my comments in italics and yeah i have no idea about the GM screen.
JonathanC
I'm sure I've seen a GM screen...they're rare though. One of the local gaming stores told me that they'd sold one.
zero skill LPB
Thanks, DD! I failed to find that.

GM screen? For sale? Really?? I know it exists in PDF, but I don't think it's ever seen a print run.
HullBreach
Makes me wish I could lump-sum Fanpro up front and just get them fed-exed to me as soon as they come out.

I hope they go back to the 1st/2nd edition tradtion of catalog style gear supplements. I always thought it added to the immersion a little bit, seeing the merc's player thumbing through fields of fire while the decker did his thing.
Adam
QUOTE (JonathanC)
I'm sure I've seen a GM screen...they're rare though. One of the local gaming stores told me that they'd sold one.

Not a SR4 one; there have been persistent printer problems with the production of the SR4 GM Screen. New news on that within a week or ten days, hopefully.
Dr. Dodge
QUOTE (zero skill LPB)
Thanks, DD! I failed to find that.

GM screen? For sale? Really?? I know it exists in PDF, but I don't think it's ever seen a print run.

i had copied and pasted it to forward to some friends of mine...so i had it lying around.
JonathanC
QUOTE (Adam)
QUOTE (JonathanC @ Aug 10 2006, 08:51 PM)

Not a SR4 one; there have been persistent printer problems with the production of the SR4 GM Screen. New news on that within a week or ten days, hopefully.

I swear, I saw one that said 4th edition with my own two eyes. I was too broke to buy it at the time, but I know I saw it. Plus, the guy at the store said he saw it listed in his store's inventory, and they had sold it. Nobody believes me, but I swear it was there.
SL James
Your LGS is in the middle of a quantum anomaly.
JonathanC
QUOTE (SL James)
Your LGS is in the middle of a quantum anomaly.

It's in Berkeley, so that's actually quite possible.
Zen Shooter01
Running Wild? Gosh, they've been promising a book called Running Wild since...the nineties?
Geekkake
Any word on whether Feral Cities will include Chicago? (need... Chitown... info... can't... find... Bug City...)
Demonseed Elite
QUOTE (Geekkake)
Any word on whether Feral Cities will include Chicago? (need... Chitown... info... can't... find... Bug City...)

We haven't gotten to the point where we'd know that for sure, but I'd say Chicago is very likely.
SL James
QUOTE (Zen Shooter01 @ Aug 11 2006, 01:06 AM)
Running Wild? Gosh, they've been promising a book called Running Wild since...the nineties?

But it will have a nice piece of cover art done by the same artists who did the Street Magic cover.
zero skill LPB
QUOTE (SL James)

But it will have a nice piece of cover art done by the same artists who did the Street Magic cover.

I especially like that artist's work. I hope they use that cover!
SL James
QUOTE (Demonseed Elite @ Aug 11 2006, 12:25 PM)
QUOTE (Geekkake @ Aug 11 2006, 12:51 PM)

We haven't gotten to the point where we'd know that for sure, but I'd say Chicago is very likely.

*ahem*

It hurts the mind to think about it, but I imagine Los Angeles and San Diego are also pretty good bets for some mention.

QUOTE (zero skill LPB)
QUOTE (SL James)

I especially like that artist's work. I hope they use that cover!

Well, I assume they paid for it and people have seen it. If they don't, then it's just that much more work and money to get another one.

Plus, as our reactions have shown, people will more than likely want to see it as it is a badass image.
Serbitar
The german SR4 GM scrreen has been out for some month now . . .
Alyred
Hey Adam, what about that serial we've been promised for quite some time now on HoloStreets, called "Shadows of Latin America"? wink.gif
Adam
Ask HoloStreets, not me. wink.gif

There were some really positive discussions about getting HoloStreets up and running at GenCon, but it's not my project to talk about.
SL James
That's encouraging...

me to want to light people on fire.
mallet
Can someone fill a newbie in on what "HoloStreets" is?

And do any of those books have a general release date yet? (even a vague as late this year, early next year, sometime in 2008?)

I really want to switch to 4th, but I am holding off until more sourcebooks come out. Now I just want to know how long I'll have to wait.
winterhawk11
QUOTE (Zen Shooter01)

There's a bunch of work already done for Running Wild, but since the shift from SR3 to SR4 some of it will need to be reworked (plus a bit removed and some new stuff added), so I'll be very surprised if it didn't come out in some form eventually. Right now, though, the priority is to get the core rulebooks out (with an occasional location book interspersed).
winterhawk11
QUOTE (mallet)
Can someone fill a newbie in on what "HoloStreets" is?

And do any of those books have a general release date yet? (even a vague as late this year, early next year, sometime in 2008?)

I really want to switch to 4th, but I am holding off until more sourcebooks come out. Now I just want to know how long I'll have to wait.

Holostreets will be a web portal (similar to Battletech's "BattleCorps"). Some things it might have (though I have no idea, since like Adam I'm not involved in the actual content) include fiction, scenarios, stuff to buy, and Shadows of Latin America. smile.gif

As for general release dates, the next things to be coming out are the Gamemaster's Screen (as soon as it gets out of Printer Hell), Emergence (I'd guess within the next couple of months), Arsenal (later this year) and Augmentation (later than Arsenal, but still slated for later this year).
hobgoblin
so both arsenal and augmentation is aimed at coming out before the end of this year? somhow i find that unlikely...
Geekkake
QUOTE (hobgoblin)
so both arsenal and augmentation is aimed at coming out before the end of this year? somhow i find that unlikely...

I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice something rather unbelievable in that.
SL James
QUOTE (winterhawk11)
Holostreets will be a web portal (similar to Battletech's "BattleCorps"). Some things it might have (though I have no idea, since like Adam I'm not involved in the actual content) include fiction, scenarios, stuff to buy, and Shadows of Latin America. smile.gif

For a price (except SoLA). Isn't it basically a subscription service like Battlecorps?

If it is, you can count on at least one person not trusting them to pay money for their "services."
HullBreach
It'll probobly come down to playtesting related tweaking. If it works well the first shot through though...
Zeitgeist
I'm praying that Arsenal comes out before '07, and making frantic deals with thoroughly unwholesome entities to make Unwired come out around the same. I swear, the "arguments" (read: wholesale violence and destruction) that's stemmed from the lack of the two (mostly Unwired) has turned me into an alcoholic. Well, that's just my justification for waking up every other weekend in Wisconsin, butt-nekkid and covered in crude oil with an empty bottle of arak, any ways...
winterhawk11
QUOTE (Zeitgeist)
I'm praying that Arsenal comes out before '07, and making frantic deals with thoroughly unwholesome entities to make Unwired come out around the same. I swear, the "arguments" (read: wholesale violence and destruction) that's stemmed from the lack of the two (mostly Unwired) has turned me into an alcoholic. Well, that's just my justification for waking up every other weekend in Wisconsin, butt-nekkid and covered in crude oil with an empty bottle of arak, any ways...

Odds are very good that Arsenal will come out before '07, and pretty much nonexistent that Unwired will do so (seeing as how we haven't begun writing it yet--the books currently being worked on are Emergence (due out very soon), Arsenal, Augmentation, and the earliest parts of Corporate Enclaves).
winterhawk11
QUOTE (SL James)
For a price (except SoLA). Isn't it basically a subscription service like Battlecorps?

I can't say a lot about Holostreets because I don't know a lot about Holostreets. I'm reasonably sure that at least some of its content will be by subscription only like BattleCorps, but that's about the extent of my knowledge about it.
SL James
Well, to be fair this is based off listening to the podcast of Rob at Origins last year, but I seem to remember that it was described as basically that with the added benefit that Fanpro might cull some talent for freelancer work from Holostreets like they do with Battlecorps/Battletech (something I find not the least bit humorous because that would likely make Critias a strong candidate to write official SR material if he submitted material to HS, and I doubt any current freelancers would want that).

But since there's as much progress going on as there was last June, I figure I'll battle the moon first.
Ancient History
...I doubt any current freelancers would want that...

Why?
Grinder
QUOTE (winterhawk11)
Emergence (I'd guess within the next couple of months), Arsenal (later this year) and Augmentation (later than Arsenal, but still slated for later this year).

We already have late August, so nearly every month of remaining year will see the release of a new sourcebook?

Sure.
Grinder
QUOTE (SL James)
something I find not the least bit humorous because that would likely make Critias a strong candidate to write official SR material if he submitted material to HS, and I doubt any current freelancers would want that

I'm not a freelancer, but I would like to see Critias in the team. smile.gif
Synner
QUOTE (SL James)
(something I find not the least bit humorous because that would likely make Critias a strong candidate to write official SR material if he submitted material to HS, and I doubt any current freelancers would want that).

There you go generalizing and making false assumptions - again.
Zen Shooter01
What I've seen in Street Magic makes me very eager for Arsenal and Augmentation. Emergence I'm not so interested in, personally.
SL James
QUOTE (Synner @ Aug 18 2006, 02:18 AM)
QUOTE (SL James @ Aug 18 2006, 04:50 AM)
(something I find not the least bit humorous because that would likely make Critias a strong candidate to write official SR material if he submitted material to HS, and I doubt any current freelancers would want that).

There you go generalizing and making false assumptions - again.

Oh, yeah. Because you all love him around here.
winterhawk11
QUOTE (SL James)
Oh, yeah. Because you all love him around here.

It appears that everybody loves you around here too, but if you can write well, hit deadlines, honor NDAs, and play well with the other freelancers and developers (in other words, be professional) then there's no reason why you couldn't be considered as well, assuming you're interested.

Dumpshock history doesn't always translate to success or failure as a freelancer.
SL James
QUOTE (winterhawk11 @ Aug 18 2006, 10:54 AM)
play well with the other freelancers and developers (in other words, be professional) then there's no reason why you couldn't be considered as well, assuming you're interested.

Well, that's where we hit the snag, now, isn't it? Because I, well, opinionated, and that makes me tend to take a pretty hard line with something important enough to me to even want to join the team to write. Not to say I don't. I really, really want to write certain specific material.
Rotbart van Dainig
QUOTE (Zen Shooter01)
What I've seen in Street Magic makes me very eager for Arsenal and Augmentation.

Indeed. The overall design, structure and mechanics of the module set a quite high standard for those to come.
winterhawk11
QUOTE (SL James)
Well, that's where we hit the snag, now, isn't it? Because I, well, opinionated, and that makes me tend to take a pretty hard line with something important enough to me to even want to join the team to write. Not to say I don't. I really, really want to write certain specific material.

Opinionated isn't a problem--the problem is being opinionated without knowing when to let it go. We want people to come up with good ideas and poke holes in bad ones--that's how we find problems and stuff that doesn't work--but at some point, a decision has to be made. The trick is knowing when to back off and accept the fact that your input on an issue has been considered, either accepted or rejected, and the subject is now closed so we can move on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012