Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Manatech
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
2bit
QUOTE ("Street Magic")
Manatech - n. or adj. Technology that interacts with magic.

...and which is not ever mentioned in the book again, except to say magicians buy manatech goodies. What are, or perhaps were, given their seeming omission from the book, manatech goodies? Speculation?
Mr. Unpronounceable
Only thing that springs to mind is that 100K nuyen.gif alchemy lab.
Shrike30
Spirit-possessed Corvettes.
Slithery D
Awakened ivy with a computer controlled irrigation system.

Hey, blame the sales department.
Jaid
FAB would, under that definition, be manatech if i am not mistaken.

so would magical crash-inducing nukes =D
Zolhex
HEHE manatech new toys for what ever it is they decide to call the books that take the place of the SOTA books.

NO I am not involved with FanPro I am just guessing!
Samaels Ghost
magic nukes? pasah! That'll never work!
*servant whispers in my ear*
WHat? Who's Winternight?
*whisper*
That's ridiculous....
Synner
We'll get to it soon enough.
Dr. Dodge
finally gun weapon foci! silly.gif
Synner
Actually no.

But people who've been around here for a while and remember the mentions of a couple of items left out of SOTA64 will have a hint of what we're planning.
James McMurray
Cyberzombies are manatech.
Adarael
Permanent-flame lighters.

Best tactic my shadowrunner ever had to make money.
Jaid
QUOTE (Dr. Dodge)
finally gun weapon foci! silly.gif

you can have gun weapon foci. they are useful for beating people to death with your gun.

you can also have bullet weapon foci, for that matter. which would certainly help, because it's awfully hard to kill someone by pummelling them to death with a bullet.
LilithTaveril
Suddenly, I get the image of someone pummeling a go ganger with the broad side of the bullet and the bullet firing at just the right moment...
Samaels Ghost
Or using Electrical Elemental strike to cook off that round....right into his braincase!
WhiskeyMac
Is it just me or does someone see the inevitable inclusion of a gunblade weapon foci to Shadowrun? biggrin.gif
Dr. Dodge
QUOTE (Synner)
Actually no.

But people who've been around here for a while and remember the mentions of a couple of items left out of SOTA64 will have a hint of what we're planning.

dang and i was sure that was it.
SL James
QUOTE (Synner)
Actually no.

You mean like the shock collars to keep mages from astrally projecting?
Grinder
Or emo samuriai's Power Armor? biggrin.gif
LilithTaveril
I assume emo's power armor is powered through a specific blood ritual that involves us looking at the stats and then killing him for it? biggrin.gif
Cang
Would mage googles be mana tech? or maybe a drone made out of ritual items, which can be possesed by a task spirit with gunnery? cyber.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012