Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Multiple combat time constraints
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
KnThrak
I'm not a GM and I would still consider my self very new to the SR world. My basic problem is chase combat takes places under one minute increments. The problem one of the players is having is hackers, and normal combat (3sec/1 full rotation of turns) makes anyone driving a car weather through virtual dash or physically there absolutely useless in that they can only act once per minute. One of the players is “fed up” and can’t seem to grasp his mind around this. Rather than argue I would like to know how others might handle this chase issue in game time per turn. Again I’m a newbie with SR and there might be a lot I am missing but any help would be appreciated in trying to make this, make sense
James McMurray
Chase combat is just one option with vehicles. You can also integrate them into normal rounds. If you need to have people acting in normal combat rounds, don't use chase combat. smile.gif
hobgoblin
only use chase if its realy a chase going on, and then everyone is acting as if each round is 1 min long. that is, if your wired or similary enhanced you get 3 passes pr min, not 3 passes pr 3 seconds.

all in all, given that stuff is most often timed by rounds or passes, dont worry about the length (unless its realy needed for some odd reason) and just play it as allways.

at all other times, do like james mcmurray suggests. there is a reason why the acceleration of all vehicles are given as xx/xx, they are just like the movement rate of a person. first number is walk, second is run. and run * hits on a test is sprint (or in the case of a vehicle, acceleration)...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012