Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Detailing A Backround You Already Have
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Cryptkeeper
I started getting good ideas based on what my character is all about but i need some help detailing it becuase it sounds vague and very un empty in ways.
This is what i have so far:

Jaime grew up in the seattle upper class, Her father saw the importance of young people developing hobbies and skills as vital. Maybe that or he did not wish to see Jaime sitting around doing

nothing and becomeing a weak person both physically and mentally so he hired martial arts teachers to train her in thier ancient arts.

Jaimes father was also a firm believer of personal and mental contemplation through vigorous training and quest for self perfection, although this also came from being a martial art student him self

he concidered his daughter following him in his footsteps a family honor and the teachers he hired for his Jaime were world class and day after day showed improvment on Jaimes part in her path

and as lessons continued her master saw un-explainable talent through unnatural fighting talent, and phyical manouvability that could only be explained to the unlearned as supernatural.

This continued to facinate him so much infact that he started asking questions of some of his awakened friends it then became evident that Jaime had obtained inner power of the physical somatic way.
-------------------------------------------------
Basically i need help detailing things such as more about my parents what they did for a living thier attitudes towards certain things. lol the name of my characters master is another thing i cannot think of and explaining some of the skills i have.

They are as follows:

Active:
Atheletics 6
Etiquette 4
Stealth 6
Throwing Weapons 6
Leadership /Morale 3/5
Unarmed Combat 6

Knowledge & Language

English 5
English RW 2
Japanese 2

Physical Adept Powers

Imp Abl Phys Skl/Athletics
Imp Abl Combat Skl/ Geas: Exclusive Unarmed Combat
Imp Abl Phys Skl/Stealth
Traceless Walk
Imp Sense: Low Light Vision

Oh just so everyone knows jaime is not asian in anyway shape or form she american.
also the ideas i'm toying with for reasons for shadowrunning is she lives a double life one upper class and one on the streets i dont know why yet though.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Zach21035
The double life could be a way of keeping in touch with family and friends. My most recent (short lived but dearly loved) character did something like this - he was basically your typical Nice Guy and didn't let anyone know what he did for a living. He lives his upper class life normally, but switches over to his shadow life when he's on the job. It could be a fun role-playing opportunity, especially if he doesn't want people on the shadow side of things knowing about his "normal" life.

I'd have the characters father either be from a line of martial artists (cliched) or a high-up corp suit, one who really believes in the corporate life and who wants to improve himself so he can better serve his corporation. This could create an interesting conflict if he's used as an NPC.

Explaining your skills can be done within the martial arts training, though explaining your level of stealth and throwing could be a little difficult. Though some martial arts teach principles that could be used for stealthy movement (karate, for example, with the perfect shift of stances theoretically causing no noise), you might want to come up with something that explains extra training in those fields.

For a little added detail, you might want to pick a martial art or two that your character does - even if you ignore the terrible Cannon Companion martial arts rules, it would be nice flavor if your character, say, mixed Tae Kwon Do and Jujuitsu.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012