Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrunner opinions needed!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
HullBreach
Hello everyone!

I have a favor to ask, but we all stand to benefit from a collective effort. I have started a new website (www.heavyangel.com) that will be eventually be host to a variety of resources for game masters and players alike.

For the moment, I am testing the format and seeking critiques on presentation of the 'catalog' pages that will list a variety of additional gear for the game. If you wouldn't mind popping over and just giving me an idea of what you think of the layout of this individual page on the site:

http://heavyangel.com/?page_id=36

Most of the graphics are not in place yet, but the code is. Eventually the right bar (only when in the catalog) will list related catalog items. For example, for the page above it will eventually show links to a diffractive laser sight and some other shotgun specific accessories.

This site is intended specifically for consumption by folks like you, so your opinions are really important to me!

I'll post more data as more sections come online.

EDIT: First one to tell me how to code the nuyen insignia gets a (admin approved) quote from their character on the site!
MK Ultra
I like the layout and the right side-bar sounds like a great idea. It´s a bit anoying that I have to scroll to read the stats, but that´s probably my problem for having to low resolution.
HullBreach
What res are you running? The box Im designing this on is at 1600x1200 so I might be oversizing things a bit
MK Ultra
My lame, little laptop has 1024 x 768 maximum. But I like it any way nyahnyah.gif
Lagomorph
Looks okay at 1280X1024, didn't try too hard to break it though.
venenum
I like it, just needs more stuff. also under the gear place i would add a section for implants and vehicles. I have a few new implants in the works ill email you when there done. You may also want to add a magic section, but this is just my two nuyen.gif
HullBreach
Well I posted a few more things tonight:

Bunker blocks for pistols
The "Gong" shotgun of Appleseed fame
Remington 990 accessories

and the original test post on side-saddle shell carriers.

You can expect this level of content addition for probobly the next week or two as I dig through all of my old notes. Please keep the input coming! And if you notice typo's or inconsistancies let me know!

On a side note, everything on the site up to this point has been play-tested uder v2 or v3 rules. I am still learning the v4 system, so expect some adjustments and tweaking as I rack up play time.
Findar
I like it. Your outfit shoul definetly have a custom built sniper rifle with maxed out power.
LilithTaveril
Well, I like it... nice and shadowrunny.

Also, can I submit pistol designs to you? I have an idea for a modular pistol, based in part on the concept of the XM30, and am looking to work on a SR version of the FN SCAR.
FanGirl
The Gong is scary looking - I love it!
venenum
I noticed one typo under the gong You say it has a five shot magazine but in the stats it is only a threew shot magazine. But maybe thats optional. its just a little confusing.
Samaels Ghost
Check here
http://www.webmonkey.com/webmonkey/referen...ial_characters/

CODE

"& # 165;"  ¥    yen sign

The quoted stuff above minus the spaces

see

¥

Just typed "&" then "#" then "165" altogether with a semicolon to finish
HullBreach
Well you win the quotation contest! I'll be posting another load of content tonight, so just let me know (PM) when you see somthing you'd like to be quoted about!

I know a lot of you folks are from places other than the US, and I was wondering if it would be helpful if I gave measurements in both inches and centimeters?
Samaels Ghost
I roxxor
venenum
Go with metric. the game is written as metric.
eidolon
Minor editing quibble. The following:
All Gong’s come Smartlinked and include an integral Shotgun Diffraction Laser sight.

should read:
All Gongs come Smartlinked...

Plural not posessive. smile.gif

Site looks great. I'll check more of it out later.
HullBreach
Thanks this is exactly the stuff Im looking for!
Jrayjoker
Very cool site. It looks crisp and clean, and I love the quotes.
Fix-it
Placeholders!

man, I was looking for stats for those!

I can't wait to include them in my game!

/woo. I'm an ass.
eidolon
Oh, also, I love the old-school "Street Sam Catalog" feel it has, with all the quotes and testimonials.
HullBreach
Thats exactly the feel I was shooting for! I miss the catalog look of the old 1st & 2nd edition books.

Oh and if you look on the main page there is an email address for content submission!
SuperFly
Bravo!
HullBreach
Two more Items added tonight:

-The MAC 10 & 11 Machine Pistols
-12 Gauge Shotshells

The shotshells were playtested recently, and the #000 in particular were popular. Im hoping they give us a full-auto shotgun in the upcoming Arsenal book, so I can write up modified suppression rules for autoshotty's.
Chance359
Like the site, if you were to need inspiration for new gear ( or pictures) check here.
LilithTaveril
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USAS-12

They should. After all, the things exist today.

Still working on that pistol. I'm using the Desert Eagle as a base.
venenum
QUOTE (HullBreach)
Im hoping they give us a full-auto shotgun in the upcoming Arsenal book, so I can write up modified suppression rules for autoshotty's.

Whats stoppiong you from doing it now. The mossberg shot gun is an auto shotgun it is
sa/bf/fa weapon. i use it all the time.
eidolon
I'll shoot a couple of weapons I did up when I finally get my desktop back. (If I remember to...wink.gif)
HullBreach
QUOTE (venenum)
Whats stoppiong you from doing it now. The mossberg shot gun is an auto shotgun it is

More or less trying to avoid creating anything likely to be supplanted by upcoming canon materials.

I've got one thats kinda neat I'll be posting this weekend. Its a sort of super-sized submachinegun that fires .410 shotgun ammo.
venenum
QUOTE (HullBreach)
QUOTE (venenum @ Aug 18 2006, 07:44 AM)

More or less trying to avoid creating anything likely to be supplanted by upcoming canon materials.

I've got one thats kinda neat I'll be posting this weekend. Its a sort of super-sized submachinegun that fires .410 shotgun ammo.

Heh, heh heh. Fun.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012