Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Okay, you phys ad freakazoids. Study up!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
zero skill LPB
Might be worth a look-see.

pre-Awakened Adepts
Samaels Ghost
I've seen something like this before. On Discovery too, i think. They showed these two dudes fighting and demonstrated with CG overlays what a well executed sidekick can do to a person. Ouch.
TheDaki
Yep, it was Discovery. And this might be the same thing. Can't tell until I get home and see the vid clips.
Rotbart van Dainig
This may be many things, but not scientific.
Geekkake
QUOTE (Rotbart van Dainig)

Are you kidding? There's fuckin' lab coats all over the place!
Samaels Ghost
Nah, but neither is SR most of the time. Entertainment is the key
zero skill LPB
QUOTE (Geekkake)
QUOTE (Rotbart van Dainig @ Aug 17 2006, 04:49 PM)

Now that was funny.

Thanks!
hobgoblin
sure there is science in there, but its burried under all the CGI and the mortal combat themed sets...

i watched it ones, and its about as interesting as "seconds from disaster". infotainment with to much focus on tainment.
LilithTaveril
Well, I'll say this focused too much on the dump and not enough on the data. Okay, yeah, I knew all of that. None of it's actually advanced info.
Zeitgeist
I remember the one on Discovery, and I think it's basicly the same thing with a few different styles. I don't remember crash dumbies or the pegs for the ninjutsu guy. The set's the same, so I had a little chuckle from the whole "It took 3 years to build..." thing.

And I agree entirly with Hobgoblin. Yeah, there are some interesting facts ("Holy shit, he hits HOW hard!?"), but it was basicly just getting to watch a bunch of incredible martial artists do their thang.
Rotbart van Dainig
QUOTE (Geekkake)
QUOTE (Rotbart van Dainig @ Aug 17 2006, 04:49 PM)

Ouch. Makes me sooo want to finally play a Son of Ether. wink.gif
lorechaser
QUOTE (Zeitgeist)
And I agree entirly with Hobgoblin. Yeah, there are some interesting facts ("Holy shit, he hits HOW hard!?"), but it was basicly just getting to watch a bunch of incredible martial artists do their thang.

You say that like it's a bad thing....

It had ninja! Course, there's a place that claims to be a ninjitsu school behind the impound lot in my city, but still....
venenum
QUOTE (lorechaser)
QUOTE (Zeitgeist @ Aug 17 2006, 10:06 PM)

You say that like it's a bad thing....

I agree with the above post how is is it not fun to watch martail artists beat the stuffing out of a poor defenseless crash test dummie. (They have feelings too you know, JK).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012