Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 'Steal this object'
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
SuperFly
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/08/19...t.ap/index.html

Nuff' said.
Samaels Ghost
"It is very difficult to climb down from there. But they clung to the rock like Satans," he said.

You are like Satans! Evil Satans!
Slump
They should have used stealth rope, then the police wouldn't have found it (presuming, of course, they remembered their catalyst sticks)
knasser

It's good to see that people still have initiative in this day and age. People are more and more getting stuck in conventional, unoriginal thinking. It reassures me when people climb a sheer cliff face and scramble across a rooftop to steal something.

But personally, my suspicion falls on the three "visiting nuns". If I were a nun and wished to steal a religious icon, then I would openly stay at the church, stick the icon under my habit (fat nuns have an advantage here) and simply toss some rope down the side of the cliff. No climbing needed at all and the police are completely misdirected.

Just a thought.
Kagetenshi
I never knew that Satans were famously good at clinging to rock.

~J
James McMurray
Heck, I never realized there was more than one Satan. I thought it was a name, apparently it's a franchise.
eidolon
"Try our newest product today! That's right, with Aztechnology's new 'Super Slik', you can rest assured that not even clinging Satans will be able to scale your cliffsides."
hyzmarca
QUOTE (James McMurray)
Heck, I never realized there was more than one Satan. I thought it was a name, apparently it's a franchise.

That's a common mistake. Satan is actually a job title.

I'm wondering what exactly their planning to do with that thing. I'm sure that there are some people who are willing to pay good money for miraculous religous trinkets, but they are few and far between.
I'm thinking that it is to be used to power some sort of magical weapon.
Kagetenshi
"Power"? It is the weapon!

~J
emo samurai
Of ultimate POWER!
Smiley
Can one technically pluralize "Satan?"
Hmmm...
LilithTaveril
"Satan" is just a way of saying "adversary." I believe the plural would be Satanim.
Wounded Ronin
NEXT, ON PAY PER VIEW: NES ERA WALL CLINGING RYU HAYABUSA VERSUS SATAN!
Frag-o Delux
QUOTE (hyzmarca)
QUOTE (James McMurray @ Aug 20 2006, 12:28 PM)

That's a common mistake. Satan is actually a job title.

I'm wondering what exactly their planning to do with that thing. I'm sure that there are some people who are willing to pay good money for miraculous religous trinkets, but they are few and far between.
I'm thinking that it is to be used to power some sort of magical weapon.

Im pretty sure they were hired to do the job, not a do the job and shop it around sort of thing. IF it was that famous of an object, shopping it on the black market would be asking to end yoru dareing career as a pro theif.
Kagetenshi
Do it big, do it once, and never talk about it again.

~J
Samaels Ghost
YOU ARE ALL SATANS FOR COMTEMPLATING THE THEFT OF OUR RELIGIOUS ICONS! SHAME BE TO YOU, SATANS!
Frag-o Delux
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
Do it big, do it once, and never talk about it again.

~J

People that could pull off a mountaineering feat like that if it was a one time thing did it for the rush. Theyll do it again, its like an addiction.

If they were pros youll probably never hear of them being caught.

If they were lucky and did it once, theyll talk. Or theyll try it again and screw it up, unless they are really really lucky.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012