Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: You chose it, and here it is!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
HullBreach
First, allow me to thank everyone who participated in the poll this weekend! It's for fellow Shadowrun enthusiasts like you that I constructed my site, Heavy Angel, and its very gratifying to see you take an active intrest in it!

Without further delay, here is your winner:
The Chinese QLZ-87 Man Portable Automatic Grenade Launcher

You can look for the other 'contestants' of the poll to be up on the site throughout the rest of the week!
LilithTaveril
Not bad. I'm a little concerned that the availability is too low. But, I can also say that about all of the grenade launchers in the game.
Smokeskin
Suggestion for simplifying the scatter of several grenades:

Determine scatter distance normally. This distance is used for each grenade, so only rolled once. (Might make this minimum of 2 meters for the fun of it wink.gif )

Roll scatter direction - place a grenade there. Use the impact point as the new "aiming point" for the next grenade, and roll scatter direction from there. This is the new aiming point to roll scatter from for the next grenade, and so on.
Austere Emancipator
Oh hell yes, that's exactly how AGL scatter should be done. That way you can plop away your 10-shot burst, and then watch in horror as the line of explosions starts walking towards you/your friends/something you absolutely must not destroy... *boom* *Boom* *BOOM* *BOOM*
Smokeskin
Well, firing 10-shot bursts from an automatic grenade launcher against targets near your friends is probably not a good idea to begin with wink.gif
HullBreach
Purportedly in real life these things have a very high rate of fire for AGL's, let alone a man portable one.

Im still trying to figure out what the Chinese were thinking with this thing. Maybe its from their WW2 experiences with the deadly Japanese knee mortars or somthing.

It just seems like a light machinegun in the same troopers hands would get the same end result, but be capable of carrying a more sustainable ammo supply and be less likely to induce collateral.
Kagetenshi
Seems like a better choice than an LMG for attacking things like vehicles/convoys, etc.

~J
eidolon
An LMG is a pretty poor choice for anti-vehicular use if you have other options. Namely, HMGs and AV rockets. biggrin.gif
Kagetenshi
Certainly, but an LMG was what was proposed to "get the same end result".

~J
LilithTaveril
They do. It just takes a lot more ammunition than you might be comfortable with.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012