Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What toys do they have in 2070?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Snow_Fox
writing in the Troll thread this occurred ot me. Do people have ideas for what there migth be about? We know there are Corporate Scouts programs but what about toys?

Monopoly for different NAN? The original was based on Atlantic city NJ, and now there are copies for other cities so would itbe for corporate sites now- "Monopoly the Ares Macrotechnology version" (there's a frightening image) Mabe one put out by Renraku to encourage people to return to the Malls of the Arcology.

Barbie will probably have survived. Does she have different corporate outfits? (Hey I've got a barbie in mint condition in the box in a Fuchi corporate uniform! collectorsl ine up now!)
Do her friend included Metas? They'll certainly include more NA and Japanese girls, thoguh I cringe that the usre knowledge they'll till be packing blond barbie into so Navaho costume.

Does Ken have an orc buddy or does that get limited ot GI Joes?
Chrome Shadow
My main character have some "Neil, The Barbarian" action figures, and some scale models of his favorites Combat Bikers...
nezumi
I assume lines like Barbie would support the parent corporation. Barbie is probably owned ultimately by Ares, so watch out for versions of barbies that specifically support Ares corporate holdings. Fuchi can make their own dolls, or appropriately sized clothes for existing lines (such as barbie). I'm sure Ares makes a ton of cheap plastic guns modeled off their favorite showroom items.
stevebugge
I would suspect that each megacorpt has their own entertainment and diversions interests, and that most of these would produce toys in keeping with the corporate culture they wish to promote. Would some of todays entertainment icons have survived? Quite likely they would have though they are probably tweaked to keep up with 2070 culture. Hasbro, Mattel, and Parker Brothers are the major toy and game producers I can remember (though I can't say for sure that they are individual companies anymore) and whoever owns those probably bought them because of the brands they had rights to, though I'm sure the brand rights could easily be bought and sold.

Aztechnology probably is a huge player in the production of toys and games seeing how they are also a major entertainment and foodstuffs producer and the 3 industries are becoming increasingly tied together.
JesterX
A probable very popular toy is "Karl Kombatmage Action Figures" with sound and visual effects. ^_^
Herald of Verjigorm
QUOTE (stevebugge)
Aztechnology probably is a huge player in the production of toys and games seeing how they are also a major entertainment and foodstuffs producer and the 3 industries are becoming increasingly tied together.

New from Aztechnology, Tlachtli the worlds first sports game and food processor combo unit. Play against a computer controlled team and earn real rewards in the form of a carefully designed soy based snack that resembles the still-beating heart of the opposing team's coach. Or, play against your friends in multiplayer mode which supports up to twenty participants.
winterhawk11
Don't forget Tickle Me Dunky ™! smile.gif
James McMurray
I think matrix toys would be huge sellers. Things like "AIs" that follow you around and say cute things. Icon addons for the creatively challenged would also be big money makers.
JRDobbs
In the AR-assisted world of SR4, I can imagine famous toys having a new life as "Imaginary Friends." What parent wouldn't want a virtual GI Joe looking over their kid's shoulder, providing wholesome, after-school-special-style advice?

Just say no to BTLs.
LilithTaveril
Page 321, SR4.
Snow_Fox
Sorry, didn't buy 4th ed. Could you share?

QUOTE (winterhawk11 @ Aug 21 2006, 11:44 AM)
Don't forget Tickle Me Dunky ™! smile.gif

That's just wicked. I love it and that's the sort of stuff I was thinking of.

I said "Barbie in mint condition in a Fuchi uniform" because by 2070 Fuchi is long gone and this would be a collector's item.
LilithTaveril
Yes. In 4th Edition, some of the options for your commlink include virtual pets and virtual people. I've been tempted to make a character that has one, but haven't gotten to it yet.
Fix-it
QUOTE (JRDobbs @ Aug 21 2006, 05:19 PM)
In the AR-assisted world of SR4, I can imagine famous toys having a new life as "Imaginary Friends." What parent wouldn't want a virtual GI Joe looking over their kid's shoulder, providing wholesome, after-school-special-style advice?

Just say no to BTLs.

Porkchop sandwiches!
Kyoto Kid
...The Bass-O-Matic

Uses the whole bass.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012