Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Choose the next Heavy Angel item!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
HullBreach
Well since the 'choose the next weapon' poll from last week was so much fun, I thought we'd do one for equipment.

The Gauntlets are best described as the arm-worn version of the greaves already availible on the site.

The throwing weapon magazines are one of my more ambitious and interesting designs, and if chosen, will include stats for Kunai.

Distraction-In-A-Can is incredibly simple but useful. Its one of those items that'll pay for itself several time over. Im keeping secretive on this one because of how fun it is!

The Smart climbing harness consists of a pair of clutched reels (you provide your own line) mounted on a tough harness. With a little training, a datajack, and some grapple guns, a player can climb almost anything.
FanGirl
Distraction-In-A-Can: you piqued my curiosity.
LilithTaveril
Voted for the distraction. Too curious.
Toshiaki
How can you taunt us like this?

In other words, I voted for distraction in a can, gotta know what you've cooked up.
LilithTaveril
Hmm... Knowing our luck, it might be a portable hologram emitter, or something like that.

Of course, a fragmentation grenade in can form would also work...
Fresno Bob
It could be like the throwing magazines from Metal Gear Solid
HullBreach
Its so simple you'll slap yourself in the forehead for not coming up with it sooner, but so useful you'll never want to be without one.

I could construct one today for about $30-40 in parts from a home depot, radio shack, and a walmart.
LilithTaveril
I could construct one today using a can of cheez whiz, a 9mm, and one bullet.
Jrayjoker
I voted for the distraction. As my name implies, I likes the funny.
PlainWhiteSocks
If it's in a can it automatically has to be good.
HullBreach
QUOTE (PlainWhiteSocks)
If it's in a can it automatically has to be good.

I love this quote!
HullBreach
By the way, voting ends friday at 6:00pm est
Trax
Stop teasing us and do the damn can!

wink.gif
Kagetenshi
No can!

~J
PBTHHHHT
Can It! nyahnyah.gif
Butterblume
Anyone who wants show us a cancan?
BookWyrm
The Blame-thrower?

Sorry, but Distraction-In-A-Can gets my vote.
HullBreach
The amount of interest in my can is....disturbing.
Toshiaki
We really need to see your can. grinbig.gif
FanGirl
Why don't you want to show us your can? Is it because you think it's ugly? Come on, I'll bet you have a beautiful can! Why don't you share it with the world?
HullBreach
<cough><blush><cough> Can comments aside I have to admit I'm surprised at how many votes that thing has gotten! Since it is obviously going to be the winner, I'll have the page up for it tomorrow evening.

I apoligize for the lack of new content on the site this week, but work has been a little crazy as we are doing an audit (Sarbanes-Oxely for those in the know) so sleep and leisure time have been in short supply.

To be totally honest, I was rooting for the throwing weapon magazines, as they are the perfect accessory for those who make use of wall balanced sharp thingies.
bclements
QUOTE (HullBreach)

I apoligize for the lack of new content on the site this week, but work has been a little crazy as we are doing an audit (Sarbanes-Oxely for those in the know) so sleep and leisure time have been in short supply.

I've done HIPPA ones before, and those regs seem like well reasoned, logical pieces of thinking next to the the parts of COBIT that I've read. I feel for you, really.
LilithTaveril
HullBreach, no worries. Plenty of time in the world to deal with one of the most stressful times of the year before working on game stats for a bunch of pseudo-psychopaths who are oogling your can.

Say, speaking of your can, does it see a lot of action? It's in perfect shape for a can of that purpose.
eidolon
While the throwing mags might be cool, has anyone here ever actually gotten any mileage out of a "throwy" character? Just curious, because I've never even seen it attempted. I think the most anyone has put into throwing in our games in the past was 4 points.
Smokeskin
QUOTE (eidolon)
While the throwing mags might be cool, has anyone here ever actually gotten any mileage out of a "throwy" character? Just curious, because I've never even seen it attempted. I think the most anyone has put into throwing in our games in the past was 4 points.

Grenades are one of the best weapons for urban warfare.
venenum
QUOTE (Smokeskin)
QUOTE (eidolon @ Aug 25 2006, 03:55 PM)
While the throwing mags might be cool, has anyone here ever actually gotten any mileage out of a "throwy" character?  Just curious, because I've never even seen it attempted.  I think the most anyone has put into throwing in our games in the past was 4 points.

Grenades are one of the best weapons for urban warfare.

What is this... this stupidity.

Everyone knows that you are suppossed to make a a troll with body ten and bonedensity agumentation 4 and dermal armor 3 and plattlet factories with big heavy armor run around and drop the darned things at his feet. Make him a melee monster too, there no need for the trowing weapons skill at all. he wont even get hurt. grinbig.gif

Throwings a great skill, specialy for adepts, quick draw power anyone. works great with reaction 5 and weapon skill 5 or 6 you get 2 hits easy so lots of throwing going on, plus its cheaper than guns in the long run becuase you can reuse ammo.
HullBreach
Well, its a little late, but it took me a while to photoshop the can. Here is your winner of the pick the next item contest:

Distraction-In-A-Can
FanGirl
See? I knew you had a beautiful can. In fact, calling it beautiful is an understatement, for what could be more magnificent, more sublime, or more glorious than your sweet, sweet can? notworthy.gif
Fix-it
all of these items seem great. can't you just do 'em all?
LilithTaveril
He can and probably plans to.

That aside, beautiful! I plan on using it.
Toshiaki
That is the most amazing can I've ever seen! love.gif
HullBreach
QUOTE (Fix-it)
all of these items seem great. can't you just do 'em all?

That is the plan, Im just experiencing technical difficulties at the moment, as illustrated here:
Laptop issues

Theres an explanaiton on the main page linked in my sig.
wargear
You have some great stuff, particularly impressed by the photos accompanying the items. In addition to seeking votes, are you interested in more cool toys to add? If there is one thing Shadowrun players are known for, it's adapting or creating cool toys to buff their characters with. biggrin.gif
eidolon
Nice can. I like it.
Shrike30
The only suggestion I've got for the can is making the top fillable with beer instead of a grenade, should you so choose. ork.gif

I like it.
wargear
A beer grenade.

Watching all those ads where they fling beer ingredients up into the clouds with trebuchets give me a whole new appreciation for mixing alcohol with explosives.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012