Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Prime Runner question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Malice
Does anyone know exactly what Native American tribe that Ghost Who Walks Inside comes from? I re-read the first novel today and looked online, but couldn't find any information on him. But I don't own any of the old RPG books or most of the novels after the original 3, so I was hoping someone could tell me. smile.gif
LilithTaveril
I thought it said he was forming his own tribe, so he wouldn't be from any of the existing tribes.
Malice
Well he was, but he was born from someone who was also a Native American, so he has a heritage that stems from one of the already established tribes, and I'm trying to find out which one. smile.gif
Dog
I'm pretty sure that it does not specify. There's a perfectly reasonable chance that Ghost doesn't know himself. The "traditional" affectations that he takes on don't seem to suggest any particular group. Are you just curious, or do you need the info for something?
Critias
I remember them talking about a gang he runs with in the third Secrets of Power book (quite a few of them go along on a few of the "mighty end of the trilogy" job, don't they?) -- they might drop a tribe name in there, if nowhere else.
Chrome Shadow
I think that his tribe is a gang that he formed, or took for his own.
Snow_Fox
Right his 'tribe' in the triology was his street gang made up of other Indians living in the sprawl, the way some gangs are made up of trolls or dwarves etc. The leader being and Indian he attracted other indians.
Dog
You're right, Ghost did refer to his gang as a tribe.

I would suggest however that the original question was more one of ancestry, as in an ethnic background question. Maybe not in the future, but these days you're pretty much born into a tribe, and that's your tribe, no matter where you were born or who you hang out with.

Even though many gangs around here are exclusively aboriginal, if a gang started referring to themselves as a tribe, there'd be all kinds of anger from legitimate tribes directed at them. I've met kids who are able to identify with their gang and their tribe seperately. "I'm Ojibiway, and I'm I.P."

The sad thing is: guess which is more important to them.

Ghost's gang is a rather different story, it seems. He appeared to be nobly trying to rebuild the positive sense of "tribe" in kids who had lost this identity. Or maybe he was just trying to make his gang seem cooler, but I would think better of him.

(Edited to eliminate the grammar error a ten-year-old would make.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012