Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [Link] Fashionable Guns
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
RunnerPaul
Antonio Riello's "Ladies Weapons"
Dog
As art, I like them. Nice commentary on glam violence. As a cultural phenomeon, it's not too far off.

Rather sexist commentary, though. I've heard a lot more men oohing and aahing over how pretty a gun is.

(There, that should get the ball rolling. biggrin.gif )
Snow_Fox
I don't find those particularly atrtractive. Even IF, and that's a big IF I wanted a designer gun i wouldn't be those, those are just tacky looking.
Grinder
Perfect for emo-girls! biggrin.gif
Ancient History
(About his pistol grips.)
"They're ivory. Only a pimp from a cheap New Orleans whorehouse would carry a pearl-handled pistol. "
-Patton
Kagetenshi
Sad thing is, this is a repost. It floated around here about a year ago, IIRC.

~J
JesterX
huhhh! so ugly I'm gonna vomit...
Jrayjoker
What is that flaw where you get noticed more ofter, distinctive style?

I am imagining Kramer from Seinfeld in the white feather fedora and the coat of many colors with a leopard skin AK-97.

Police: Did you see the man who shot you?
Victim: Yeah, he was dressed like a 1970's pimp on acid and had a pump shotgun with purple sequins and a tiger stripe fur stock. It shot rhinestones and glitter.
Police: <aside> Dispatch, we're gonna need the rubber ambulance for this one.
eidolon
That's awesome. biggrin.gif
Butterblume
Agnes has a certain charm.
Jrayjoker
Why is "I like big butts!" running through my head?
Critias
Because your anaconda don't want none, unless she's got buns, hon?
Jrayjoker
Ahhhhh, thanks for clarifying!

rotfl.gif
FanGirl
Wow, I can't think how people would react if I whipped out Carmela from behind my couch. biggrin.gif
Fix-it
italian? I believe it.

but others have been doing this for a while.

nezumi
While these fashion statements might be a little too glam for our sensibilities, in an especially punk, especially 80's setup (rather like how I imagine Wounded Ronin runs his games), they make perfect sense. Imagine the wage slave with shoulder pads like a line backer and a foot of curly brown hair going out in every direction, skin tight pants and pink leg warmers packing that on her person as she gets ready to meet some friends at Tiffany's.
Grinder
And is attacked by a horde Ninjas while she is on her way. Thank God she packed her her new fashionable gun and can overcome the threat of Ninja terror.

Too bad she wasn't aware of the Drop Bear platoon...

As background music we have a mixtape with Mötley Crüe, Jon Bon Jovi and Motörhead.

rotfl.gif
Lindt
Magnum Research
Yeah, now you can get your .50 AE with BLING... 24kt gold bling too.

I love this shit.... its so punk its making me cry.
Austere Emancipator
They've had those options pretty much since the beginning. Which makes sense, considering the reasons why Desert Eagles mostly get bought.
Chrome Shadow
I really liked Carmela. So catholic looking and with so much violence potential...
Snow_Fox
QUOTE (Butterblume)
Agnes has a certain charm.

hmm. the weapons are onted for women he knew, sao who gets to tell the rL Agnes she's "an old battleaxe?"
Kagetenshi
Nay, she's a young, shiny battleaxe from the look of it!

Though I'm not sure she'd take that any better.

~J
Frag-o Delux
Agnes was the golden grenade with a diamond necklace, carmela is the battleaxe. Nice to see The virgin mary and baby jesus on a battleaxe as well.
Neverborn
Looks Hot, id buy one and pick up on some chicks with my piece
Smiley
Hell, I'd wield a couple of those. You gotta have styyyyle...
LilithTaveril
Hey, if I'm using those weapons, I'm probably going to plead insanity at my trial anyway, so decorating my weapon to make it look like that would be a bonus.
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (nezumi)
While these fashion statements might be a little too glam for our sensibilities, in an especially punk, especially 80's setup (rather like how I imagine Wounded Ronin runs his games), they make perfect sense. Imagine the wage slave with shoulder pads like a line backer and a foot of curly brown hair going out in every direction, skin tight pants and pink leg warmers packing that on her person as she gets ready to meet some friends at Tiffany's.

Besides, if you're the GM, imagine how awesome you'll feel when your NPCs smack down the party using these weapons.

GM: "Sorry, but you were just headshotted by one of these babies. That's a D wound, roll roll, and you lose a point of willpower permanently. KEKEKEKEKE."
Tziluthi
Yeah. So. Weapons made for fashion, huh? Fair enough, but I'd have to say that weapon manufacturers have been designing asthetically pleasing weapons for decades. This stuff, however, ain't fashion. It's tacky, like making fluro-pink armoured jackets.
The Stainless Steel Rat
re Agnes:
"First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it." Amen.

Come on - you were thinking it too...
RunnerPaul
Here's some more:

Hello Kitty in .45 caliber

What's worse, is that apparently, someone actually uses these. They're not some artist's flight of fancy.
Snow_Fox
Those aren't worse. It's a colored grip with a tiny icon. It's silly but not as embarassing as the trash at the front of this.
Dragonscript
Reminds me of that one line in the second resident evil movie:

"My shit is custom!" (When a npc whips out his gold plated desert eagle)
Geekkake
You can find more weapons by the same artist here.

For some reason, the fifth image doesn't seem to work.
hyzmarca
I must have this.

THere is actually a single great advantage to these tacky firearms. Product safety laws in most countries require that toy firearms are painted bright colors such as orange so that they don't look real. This fact really pisses of toy gun collectors and Transformers fans (it is the primary reason why there hasn't been a reissue of G1 Megatron).
Yet, by painting these firearms bright colors so that they resemble toys, you reverse this. People will look at your hot-pink Hello-Kitty pistol and assume that it is just a toy. They'll remain relaxed and they'll laugh. And then you'll shoot them with it.
This works best if you're a pre-teen girl.
Arethusa
I don't really get what's so "controversial" about it. They're briefly amusing, but intellectually vacuous and aesthetically bankrupt.
Dog
I agree it's not controversial, but I think it's a nice closing of the loop as far as the pop-culture spectrum. It's beautiful satire. But, you know... art ohplease.gif
Snow_Fox
"Quick toss the grenade in there!"
"I can't!"
"Why the frag not?"
"It's prada!!!"
knasser
QUOTE (Snow_Fox)
"I can't!"
"Why the frag not?"
"It's prada!!!"

rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif

I'm going to create an NPC designed entirely for the purpose of using that quote in character.

*applauds*
Chrome Shadow
QUOTE (Snow_Fox)
"I can't!"
"Why the frag not?"
"It's prada!!!"

Hahahahhahahahaha... biggrin.gif grinbig.gif rotfl.gif
PBTHHHHT
I can see this happening too...
-------------------------------------------------
"I'm out of Ammo!"
*Ker-blam* "Here, take this!"
"I can't!!!"
*Ker-blam* "Why The FRAG NOT!?!" *Ker-blam*
"It doesn't CLASHES my outfit!!!*
"..."
hobgoblin
hmm, this makes me think about a line in cp2020, about "polymer-one-shots" in designer colors nyahnyah.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012