Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Invae and Crashcart Debacle
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Dr. Dodge
While perusing through Awakenings I noticed this passage:

"The recent incident in Chicago, the shake-up within the Universal Brotherhood, the Crashcart debacle--" in the Insect Spirit and Shamans part.

What the heck is this referring to? I'm pretty familiar with the sourcebooks, but I can't remember anything about this. Was it an adventure? in the paperbacks? totally made up for this passage?
SL James
IIRC, it was in one of Nigel Findley's novels. But I can't recall which at the moment.
mfb
it was in 2XS. i don't remember the details. something about using patients as hosts, maybe?
Dr. Dodge
cool, thanks.
Snow_Fox
2XS, which I just reread a couple of months ago so it's fresh in my mind.

officially: Yamatetsu set up Crashcart, a subsidiary in direct competition with Doc Wagon. It went on a high level campaign targeting big name client's of Doc Wagon, When they fell into a high risk situation, if Doc Wagon failed to pull out the client, Crash Cart would pull them out and get the contract switched to them and get good press.

It was later hinted at that Crash Cart was working with go gangers to set up the high profile runs and of course they pulled back their fire level when the Crash Cart team went in.

The truth was that the subsidiarey was run by a Wasp Shaman. He had developed 2XS to look for strong willed people for good mergers but he also started installing it in the bodies of high profile clients so they could control them- a Police Captain here, a TV newsman there, to protect Crashcart.

It fell apart when a rival inside Yamatetsu set up a run against Crash Cart to remove the boss, and they stumbled into the nest. At the same time Lone Star's DED was invistigating Crash Cart so there were other people on to them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012