Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Forged items
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
innocentsinner
So, of course, weapon permit and SIN forgeries are always popular. I'm curious what some other ideas are for forged documents that a character might want. The Occult Investigator, for example, has some sort of forged Press card I believe, which would get him media access to certain areas.

So, what forged docs does your character have, or potentially wish to have?
Cabral
Forged BABY #66 (Forgery rating 6)

Forget this 12th edition nonsense, 3rd edition Shadowrun is still where it's at ...
Critias
C'mon, Cabral. "Go play a different game" isn't really answering his question any, man.
Cang
smile.gif I would like a plethera of forged plates for my car.
Rotbart van Dainig
Oddly enough, most forgeries are entirely digital, not using the Forgery skill at all...
Forgeries always serve the purpose to support an legitimate looking explaination for questionable activities.
So... without a specific case...

Medical professions are always nice to have, as those allow access to restricted information and equipment.
lorechaser
Indeed - press passes, medical licenses, clergy licenses, some obscure inspector (aka Department of Internal Food Storage) to get you past a door.

A few generic level Corp IDs would be nice too, but hard to get.

A messenger ID would be very nice - messengers can go almost anywhere.

And, of course, a license to kill.
stevebugge
As long as you're careful who you sell to, I would think that a quick yen could be made off forged spell formulas and forged artwork.
Cabral
QUOTE (Critias @ Aug 29 2006, 02:55 AM)
C'mon, Cabral.  "Go play a different game" isn't really answering his question any, man.

Uhm, it was joke. wink.gif

Partially because I can't find my SR3 hardback. frown.gif

So, it was a semi-serious suggestion, not a vieled go play something else ...

Plus, I believe one of the staff took (in a legal manner) the 66th, 69th, or 666th printing for herself. And the SR4 hardback doesn't have a limited run number, AFAIK.
Critias
My mistake. Carry on!
ARKARY
A shadowrunning license. grinbig.gif

"Freeze! Lone Star!"

"It's ok officer, I'm supposed to be shooting guards and stealing this top secret research data."

"I see. Carry on then."
Cabral
How about a Coroner's Badge? Hide the body after the police show up ...
Lagomorph
Under cover Lone Star badges could be useful.

"Freeze! Lone Star!"
"Look, This looks bad, but I'm actually undercover, if you arrest us now, we'll never be able to get the kingpin of the operation!"
FanGirl
On the same vein, you could forge police uniforms.

"Freeze! Lone Star! Up against the wall!"
"Yes, officer! Just don't shoot!"
"Spread your legs! Hands behind your head!"
"Okay, okay!"
"Now gimmie all your money!"
"Umm...beg pardon?"
SL James
It'd be funnier if it wasn't so true.
LilithTaveril
Forged CIA or FBI badges. Or even UCAS military uniforms and ID. Best if you use that of a General. Just walk onto a military base, shout a few people down, hop in a tank, and drive out while they close the gate behind you.
Rotbart van Dainig
QUOTE (Cabral)
And the SR4 hardback doesn't have a limited run number, AFAIK.

The limited run does... well, the .01D-version doesn't.
Tekumel
QUOTE (LilithTaveril)
Forged CIA or FBI badges. Or even UCAS military uniforms and ID. Best if you use that of a General. Just walk onto a military base, shout a few people down, hop in a tank, and drive out while they close the gate behind you.

A general would be a bad idea, due to the highly limited number of them. If you really want to get anywhere on a base, and you need to go officer, I'd go somewhere around Captain - Lieutenant Colonel.

For every day larceny, breaking and entering, or 4-digit rounds per minute fun, go with an E-6 or E-7. Enough authority to get you places, and low enough on the totem pole to not get noticed.
lorechaser
QUOTE (LilithTaveril)

And people wonder why Shadowrunners get a bad rep....

Adam
QUOTE (Cabral)
Plus, I believe one of the staff took (in a legal manner) the 66th, 69th, or 666th printing for herself. And the SR4 hardback doesn't have a limited run number, AFAIK.

Yes, there was a limited run of 1,000 numbered SR4 hardbacks, black cover and foil stamping similar to the SR3 hardback.
Cabral
Oh there it is. I have 112 biggrin.gif Didn't see it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012