Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The best game sessions you ever missed.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
wargear
Wouldn't you know it. Real life called you away from the game for just a single session, and the other players have done nothing but rave about how cool/intense/magnificent that missed session was and how you should have been there.

Bastards.

For me it was our ex-spec forces team. We were doing a third-party run for a bunch of Mercs in the middle of bloody Africa. During the session I was away, the rest of the team decided to do a bit of a patrol out around the Merc camp and discovered a spec-ops team approaching the merc camp by accident. Apparently our boy's stealth roll had been pretty good, and the opposing force had botched his detection roll and used him as cover before moving on.

Improbable? Sure, but our Gm's rolls were all out in the open, and his botches were both frequent and spectacular.

Anyway, the players spent the next few hours having their character ghost the opposing unit until they were able to pinpoint the locations of all the opposing unit's members. During this time the suspense and tension had gotten so thick that the players themselves were whispering to each other. I am told that one of them was even whispering when he ordered pizza.

A great time was had by all...except me. Grrr. smile.gif

Anyone else have any similar stories?
DireRadiant
5 year campaign, I miss one session. The one with the final scene in the Renraku Arcology.
will_rj
QUOTE (DireRadiant)
5 year campaign, I miss one session. The one with the final scene in the Renraku Arcology.

As a GM, every session that i missed, wasn´t. indifferent.gif
James McMurray
Every time I miss a session the game that evening is gauranteed to suck royally. and even if it doesn't, I tell myself it did. smile.gif
Beaumis
Just the way I always handled it.
SL James
Dave Hyatt running Brainscan.
Butterblume
I missed the final session of an epic campaign (Not SR). Four books with 12 different adventures all over the world, 2-3 evenings for each adventure.

I had a date with my (then) sweetheart. The sad part: I can't even remember if I took her to the theatre, a concert or the circus, or just to the movies. Well, at least I remember the girl wink.gif.

One thing to add: if nudged, the others even now tell about how great it was. And that session was a long time ago...
Sicarius
I only ever GM, I've had other players tell friends that. which is always a good feeling.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012