Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Releases
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Masterofthegame
Okay, so Street Magic came out, what do we get to bitch about next, and when can we expect some releases?
winterhawk11
Next up is Emergence. Not sure exactly when, but it should be pretty soon, I think.
ko-bahn
Wasn't Arsenal planned before Emergence ?
Homme-qui-rigole
crap!!!

I wish they release Arsenal before emergence.
Adam
They got flip-flopped. The order of upcoming releases is Emergence, Arsenal, Augmentation.
JTNLANGE
Isn't the GM screen in there somewhere?
Geekkake
QUOTE (JTNLANGE)
Isn't the GM screen in there somewhere?

Ha. Hahaha. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA
Adam
Yeah, the GM Screen should be before Emergence; waiting on a ship date.
Grinder
The german one is available - and looks fine wink.gif
Zolhex
Arsenal would be great I have a gun bunny that's gettin twitchy LOL.
Cabral
What's Emergence? Sounds like how to play Shadowrunners who've "Come Out" ...
knasser
QUOTE (Adam @ Sep 1 2006, 10:37 AM)
They got flip-flopped. The order of upcoming releases is Emergence, Arsenal, Augmentation.

I was really looking forward to Arsenal. I assume this means that Arsenal is being pushed way back and Emergence takes its late September slot.

<Lo Pan>This really pisses me off no end.</Lo Pan>

But mostly it just makes me sad. I'm starting my new campaign at the end of this month and I had soooooooo wanted Arsenal in time for it. I just really felt I needed the balance to Street Magic.

frown.gif frown.gif frown.gif frown.gif frown.gif

EDIT: Shit.

EDIT EDIT: Can't you switch them back again?
Grinder
What about releasing all books together? Say... tomorrow? biggrin.gif
Geekkake
QUOTE (Cabral)
What's Emergence? Sounds like how to play Shadowrunners who've "Come Out" ...

Technomancers, yo.
Cabral
eh. If it were me, I would've released Arsenal, Augmentation, then Emergence as that would be how I expect the books' sales to rank.

I wonder if they're going to do a SR4 Companion/Mr. J's Little Black Book to expand on advanced characters, different campaign themes, and character options.
Geekkake
If it were me, I would've released Emergence as closely as possible with Unwired, maybe right after, so you can throw all your Matrix stuff together. And that'd be after Arsenal and Augmentation, due, like you said, to projected sales.

But hey, when we run the company, we can determine the release schedule.
JonathanC
You're kidding me. There's a book just for Technomancers? And it's coming out before the Hacker book? BOOOOOO!
Geekkake
QUOTE (JonathanC)
You're kidding me. There's a book just for Technomancers? And it's coming out before the Hacker book? BOOOOOO!

It's an adventure book, from what I understand. They may want to push an adventure out before more sourcebooks, for those peopple who play prepublished adventures, or they may just have a schedule for adventure books, regardless of other sourcebooks, or...
DireRadiant
Different writers working at different rates?
knasser
QUOTE (Geekkake)
QUOTE (JonathanC @ Sep 1 2006, 01:29 PM)
You're kidding me. There's a book just for  Technomancers? And it's coming out before the Hacker book? BOOOOOO!

It's an adventure book, from what I understand. They may want to push an adventure out before more sourcebooks, for those peopple who play prepublished adventures, or they may just have a schedule for adventure books, regardless of other sourcebooks, or...

It's an adventure? Bloody Hell, you're right. I've just checked the FanPro catalogue and it's a 128 page adventure.

I apologise for some of my excitability here and in another thread. I'm less offended by an adventure to do with Technomancers than I am by the thought that a whole rules supplement on Technomancers usurping hackers quite so much. I guess a much smaller proportion of it will be rules and background and a lot more of it will be adventure. That makes the prioritisation of Technomacers over other role-types less than I'd thought.

Still, I had really really wanted Arsenal this month. frown.gif
lorechaser
Check out the "What's up with Fanpro" thread for info on Emergence and Unwired.

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=14238
Adam
GM Screen will be shipping to stores the week of the 11th.
Kyoto Kid
...great, a Technomancer book. And here I was expecting to finally get some new toys for Christmas.

Looks like another year's reprieve for SR3.
ShadowDragon
QUOTE (JonathanC)

I agree dead.gif

I can't be the only one who doesn't even use TMs in their games. bleh

Adam, convince them to push Emergence to the back, please frown.gif
winterhawk11
QUOTE (knasser)
It's an adventure? Bloody Hell, you're right. I've just checked the FanPro catalogue and it's a 128 page adventure.

No, not exactly. It's an adventure sourcebook, through which one of the main threads (but not the only one) has to do with technomancers.

It's not a sourcebook for technomancers.

It's not "an adventure," but a series of events and adventure frameworks.

It's not something that you need a technomancer on your team to be able to enjoy or play.

And FWIW, we can't "push Emergence to the back"--it was started before Arsenal was, and hence it's done befor Arsenal. Arsenal is shaping up nicely but it's not ready to release yet.
Samaels Ghost
So it's gonna be like System Failure was set up?
Adam
Well, we could just push Emergence to the back, but that wouldn't make Arsenal arrive any faster ... wink.gif
knasser
QUOTE (Adam)
Well, we could just push Emergence to the back, but that wouldn't make Arsenal arrive any faster ... wink.gif

If it isn't pushing Arsenal back, then I don't care when you release it. I thought it was meant that they'd been swapped or something.

Has Arsenal been pushed back, though? The last you mentioned, it was coming out in late September. I know that I was like this with Street Magic as well, but I really want to buy this book.

I'll only be like this with Unwired and Augmented after this, I promise. Then I'll be happy.
JonathanC
I really, really want to see Unwired. Honestly, most of Street Magic was the same as MiTS to me, but the Matrix totally changed. I've got a full decker and a half decker in my group. I need that book. frown.gif
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (knasser)
I'll only be like this with Unwired and Augmented after this, I promise. Then I'll be happy.

...ditto...
Adam
Arsenal will not be hitting September, no. Since it's not at layout yet I'm not actually sure when it will hit -- I'm plenty busy with, well, every other product line the company has going. wink.gif
BishopMcQ
Since you brought them up Adam, any word on Degenesis hitting the streets?
Adam
Degenesis: Late this year or early next year. Introductory rules available online sometime before that. Website later this month.
winterhawk11
QUOTE (Samaels Ghost)
So it's gonna be like System Failure was set up?

Similar to that, yes. Sections covering various important events and including a few larger adventure frameworks (like System Failure, not full-blown adventures), some adventure hooks, and a whole lot of plot points that GMs can use as jumping-off points or inspirations for their own adventures.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012