Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recoil Reduction Question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Nightshade-
Here is what I have for an NPC who will be firing a Vindicator Minigun.

Troll
Strength 16\ 20 With two cyberarms adding to strength for recoil reduction of a -3
Two Cyberfoot Anchors for Recoil -2
A Max Gyromount for -7
A Cyberarm Gyromount for -3

A total of Recoil Reduction -15

Is this valid?

If not, could you please tell me what book and what page says that it isn't.
Kyoto Kid
...I'm not sure if the Cyberarm & Max Gyromounts stack, otherwise everything else works fine.

My Dwarf Merc Gracie had a strength of 12, and ares Alpha with a GV4 and could pretty much stand her ground going full (10 shot) lead hose with only a +1 recoil modifier).
Findar
Why not just get a custom sniper rifle for a 16S attack with SA rate of fire. Goes through hardened armor and Immunity to Normal Weapons much better than auto fire.
Firewall
QUOTE (Findar)
Why not just get a custom sniper rifle for a 16S attack with SA rate of fire.

I think it may have something to do with flavour. There is a much higher "Holy F***" factor when facing this than when a sniper takes your head off from a mile away.

Besides, a troll with this gear holding a sniper rifle? It just doesn't match the image, so-ka?
Dog
Yeah, flavour.... all I can taste is gunsmoke. cool.gif

Nightshade, isn't this guy kind of a one-trick pony? I'm not gonna knock your game, as long as you enjoy it, but after a couple of days of lead-stream imagery, isn't going to get a little dull? Like maybe you've got a favourite band, but would you want to hear only the same song of theirs over and over. I'm curious, what else can you tell us about this guy?
Nightshade-
Answer to Dog

He was just a NPC member of a five man team sent to kill my players in an ambush. Nothing more, nothing less. He was suppposed to be the tough one to bring down. I expected my players to wipe the floor with this ambush party but we just got done with it and if not for me ignoring a few rolls, all my player characters would be dead.

The rolls were in my favor tonight and my players got spanked hard. Which is something they needed to learn because their leader thinks they can take on anybody and the rest of the group jump on that bandwagon with him. So, I intended this troll’s group to die, but I think I like it better with them finally put in their place.
Dog
Ah, I assumed he was a PC. My bad.
Rajaat99
QUOTE (Nightshade-)
The rolls were in my favor tonight and my players got spanked hard. Which is something they needed to learn because their leader thinks they can take on anybody and the rest of the group jump on that bandwagon with him. So, I intended this troll’s group to die, but I think I like it better with them finally put in their place.

Ah, I've had to humble my players a few times too. They get a little too big for their britches and I have to school them to knock the chip off their shoulder. Last time, I used a Toxic Shaman. My group decided to to capture a Toxic Shaman and collect one of Big D's bounties. Afterward, they decided that was a bad idea.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012