Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Beretta Shotgun madness
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Lindt
Soooo... when can I get one of these for SR?

Xtrema 2 Shotgun

At first I wasnet sure what to think. Then I checked, and I STILL dont know what to think. .12 ga MADNESS...
Fresno Bob
Holy christ I want one.

And that guy is a goddamn shotgun ninja.
Trax
Now THERE'S an adept of the Athletic path.

edit: I want one of those suckers in a game.
Austere Emancipator
A man who's practiced his whole life with shotguns + decent recoil systems + very mild trap loads = nice looking advertisement material.

As far as SR is concerned, that's a semi-automatic shotgun with RC 1. Or 2, if you want to be silly. A conceal of 0, large internal magazine. Yay.
Arethusa
I have to say, I knew what was happening while I was watching it, and it didn't matter. That was still fucking awesome.
SL James
QUOTE (Austere Emancipator)
very mild trap loads

Yeah, that's what got me.
warrior_allanon
someone find me the actual specs on it and i think i can pull off a cannon companion swap, would have to wait and see if "Arsenal" is going to have weapon creation and modification rule in it to do it for 4.
Austere Emancipator
http://products.berettausa.com/frame_tabel...=A391%20Xtrema2
mmu1
Of course, by SR3 rules, that was kind of a pathetic performance - he should have been able to get all those birds with just one shot, if he'd used the right choke settings. wink.gif
Samaels Ghost
QUOTE (SL James)
QUOTE (Austere Emancipator @ Sep 4 2006, 11:53 PM)
very mild trap loads

Yeah, that's what got me.

I don;t know anything about trap loads. Could someone explain.

Critias
They were lighter loads -- less powder, less recoil -- than standard. It doesn't take a tremendous amount of energy to bust a clay pigeon, after all. He was shooting lighter/weaker loads, he's one of the best shotgunners in the world, and they were trying to pass it off as it being all the awesome recoil reducing shotgun that did the work. It's no different than Air Jordans or something; it isn't the shotgun, any more than it was Mike's shoes.
Austere Emancipator
Shotgun trap loads are generally loaded with rather small amounts of very small shot and to low pressures (small amounts/less efficient types of propellant), so as to maximize the probability of hitting the targets while minimizing recoil to allow quick follow-up shots and for comfort.

The recoil of the average trap load compared to, say, a full-powered slug load is miniscule.
PBTHHHHT
Yeah, stuff like that was shown on the History Channel about the sharpshooters from the Old West to today and they included clips shown of people working for the gun companies showing off their skills. It's very impressive and one of the experts was recreating some of the exploits (like shooting cigarette off a person's mouth, shooting two guns that would hit two separate balloons that were at extreme angles so that you could not see them both without turning your head) that were done from the Old West to see how tough it was to do them.
Raygun
I can get up to four clays per throw pretty regularly with my Mossberg 9200 using run-of-the-mill Federal 7 1/2 shot 2 3/4" loads. The most I've gotten so far is six, but I've only done that twice.

The Beretta Xtrema2 is just a semi-auto shotgun. There's really not much special about it, at least nothing that you can't bolt on to another semi-auto shotgun. Personally, if money were not an object, I'd use a Benelli SuperSport for this kind of thing. Awesome shotgun.

Here's Tom Knapp doing a world-record 10 clays. Not quite as flashy as Tim Bradley, but still pretty impressive.
Deamon_Knight
I want one of these in full-auto.

Saiga-12k

Pics
KarmaInferno
AA-12

=)

These are pretty fun. Heck of a way to trim the hedge, and not much recoil.

USAS12
The Grifter
I have a Mossberg 500 12 gauge Persuader. I put on a folding synthetic stock with pistol grip, and aded a fore-end pistol grip as well. Shooting normal target loads, this thing barely kicks at all. Even rapid firing from the standing position. Of course, the stock and foregrip help alot with that.

But, on to my point. This Xtrema2 looks good to go, but for the price (around 1500 or so), you might as well pass this by, unless you have the money to throw away. A shotgun is a shotgun is a shotgun. :grinbig.gif:
Raygun
QUOTE (The Grifter @ Sep 7 2006, 02:51 AM)
But, on to my point.  This Xtrema2 looks good to go, but for the price (around 1500 or so), you might as well pass this by, unless you have the money to throw away.  A shotgun is a shotgun is a shotgun.  :grinbig.gif:

I wouldn't go so far as to say that. A pump is not a semi-auto no matter how good or fast you are, nor can semi-autos reliably handle the range of loads that pumps can, and an 18" cylinder bore barrel ain't gonna cut it busting clays with target loads at 40 yards. But everything he's doing in that video certainly can be accomplished with a semi-auto that costs about half (or less) of what the Xtrema2 does.
KarmaInferno
QUOTE (PlainWhiteSocks)
These are pretty fun. Heck of a way to trim the hedge, and not much recoil.

USAS12

Er, the AA-12 is, in fact, the USAS-12. Just a bit updated and from an american manufacturer now rather than korean.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012