Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Starter Characters and Rules
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
MadDogMaddux
OK, the rules for starting gear state that you can't start with gear above a rating of 6.

However, the sample characters have stuff like Exploding Ammo which is rating of 8 and implants with Thermal Vision, which is also rated above 6.

Is this to mean that the Sample Characters are not "starting" characters, or am I misunderstanding the Gear rules on page 84?
Dranem
I think you're confusing availability with rating.
You can't have above Rating 6, but you can go up to Availability 12 (how legal and easy it is to get) at chargen.
MadDogMaddux
*smack head*

Duh.

Thanks!
cx2
Though I do recall one of the pregenerated ones having a rocket launcher, the Azzie built one. I seem to think the launcher is availability 12 but the rockets for it are higher, could be different since errata though I haven't checked in a while.
lorechaser
That would be funny.

"You can buy the rocket launcher. But you can't shoot it! Ha ha!"
Jaid
QUOTE (lorechaser)
That would be funny.

sure you can.

i'm sure the availability on a catapult isn't all that high... the rocket launcher is what, maybe 25 lbs? heck, any halfway decent industrial engineer skilled character could probably build something to launch that thing pretty far.

of course, that's a heck of a way to treat such an expensive piece of equipment, mind you.
maeel
QUOTE (cx2)
Though I do recall one of the pregenerated ones having a rocket launcher, the Azzie built one. I seem to think the launcher is availability 12 but the rockets for it are higher, could be different since errata though I haven't checked in a while.

correct, this has been fixed in the errata, with the rocket launcher being removed.
cx2
Good to know. Shame you can't start with rockets from chargen though, could be amusing wink.gif
Firewall
QUOTE (lorechaser)
That would be funny.

It is true though; in the book I have, she only has the launcher but no rockets. I suppose with her amazing talents, she can whip up a few rockets out of Diet Coke bottles and Mentoes.

My sister borrowed this character for our current campaign and got very confused by the launcher without any rockets...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012