Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lofwyr = Denairastas?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Oracle
In the german Fanpro-Forum a user stated that Lofwyr and Denairastas (also known as "the Outcast") were the same dragon.

Does anyone know if this might be true? I always thought them to be different lizards...
Grinder
They are different dragons, I'm damn sure about it. Lofwyr isn't mentioned in ED soucebooks, except a short paragraph in Theran Empire iirc.
Ancient History
Different dragons.
Oracle
I would never dare to doubt what the most knowledgeable AH says, but: Why? biggrin.gif
Witness
Lofwyr was 'Goldensnout' or something like that, wasn't he?
Oracle
His name apparently was "Gold Master". But that does not mean, that Denairastas is not just another alias for him...
Ancient History
Lofwyr was referred to as Alamais' brother and lived in what were called the Western Kingdoms by the elves of the Blood Wood. He was not a member of the Council of Barsaive. Denairastas was a member of the council until he was kicked out, but he never left Barsaive, basing instead his operations around Iopos, which is in the north-western corner of Barsaive.
JTNLANGE
AH

You sure know alot, like maybe a great dragon might. Perhaps AH is another alias or Lofwyr? smile.gif

Trevor
Chrome Shadow
I wasn't born yet...
Ophis
So AH where is Denairastas?

My thoughts are either Calzoerca(sort of right area and some elf released him is mentioned the text maybe to screw Loffie), dead, or something to do with CATCo as the who seraphim set up is reminiscent of the holders of trust(not sure on that one meself just an idea I heard).
Ancient History
Calozerca is too young, in the wrong area, and in any case the details of his emergence point more closely to a tie with Verjigorm.

I dunno where Denairastas is. There have been no active indications of his presence, so if he is still around he is keeping a low profile.
Ophis
*runs off to read up more*

mmm corrupt dragons...
Witness
And who was / where was Dvilgaynon?
Grinder
A dragon from Cathay who aided the orks of Cara Fahd to re-built their nation.
Witness
More! wink.gif grinbig.gif
Demonseed Elite
Dvilgaynon was also the most knowledgeable dragon in terms of dragon magic rituals. She was asked to journey to Barsaive from Cathay by the Barsaivian dragons in order to assist with a ritual to seal off the city of Vivane during the war with Thera. The ritual, while successful, had the unintentional side effect of attracting the attention of a Horror Cloud which enveloped the city and slaughtered its citizens.
SL James
"Woops."
Grinder
"Shit happens." biggrin.gif

Please don't ask what cheesy ideas Living Room Games had for the city in "Barsaive in Chaos"... ohplease.gif
MK Ultra
What cheesy ideas Living Room Games had for the city in "Barsaive in Chaos"? indifferent.gif
FlakJacket
QUOTE (Ancient History)
I dunno where Denairastas is. There have been no active indications of his presence, so if he is still around he is keeping a low profile.

I always figured he was the power behind the Black Lodge, since the most senior guy in canon mentioned so far was the Penultimate Master and the whole having to use a spell book thing. But that's more just on personal instinct/taste than on any canon evidence.
MK Ultra
I guess he´s not. Might be possible that he´s into the Apep Consortium (everyone 'evil' is into them).
I figured he might stay out of sight and try to establish a new family-line.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012