Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Street Cred and Notoriety
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Lurker69
I have been running the old 3rd edition mission modules.

First off things about my team:

My team hates elves. Every elf to them should be dead. All cause of Harelquin's first adventure long go.

this group is the most stubborn group of gamers I know and I have been gaming for 15 years.

I recently ran "Fork in the Path". I like the missions because they show different aspects of the world, which flesh out the world from ours.

As we where going I made changes like better security guards. I used the Red Samurai template.

I took a character down in the first init pass after they had all gone. He was ready to write off the character even thought the mission allows for shamans to heal a character(s) aftermath.

They survied with a few more wounds but nothing lethal. They had a go time. It was changeling to them.

One character made the roll to see the editing room as they where leaving.
They got in a snip for a bit but left the building and did nothing more. One character tried to later convince the Johnson to give him a job. Two others wanted to kill rolando.

They all freaked when I explained the media taping of their combat and the social/street cred.

It's nice to see players decidcated to their characters specific growth, but sad to see they do not want to take different paths.

The end result was 3 players retiring/ making new characters. One character reduced his street cred from 8 to a 2 to reduce his notoriety to 2 from a 5.

Good stuff all around.
Steak and Spirits
...?
Slithery D
I had a ham sandwich for lunch.
Lagomorph
And for those of you who didn't get the decoder ring, I'll translate for you:

I have been
a
changeling
for 15 years.
Teulisch
so.. your saying they had fun with dangerous high-risk combat... but freaked out when they learned they had been on camera, and retired because tehy felt teh characters were nowunplayable?

i cant say i blame them much. that johnson totaly screwed em over... public awarenesss is a VERY bad thing. you want to avoid it like the plauge. noteriety is also bad.

it sounds to me like you hit your players with a very bad social penalty, to the point where they dont want to play anymore. dont do that, it ruins the game. you made it so everyone knew their faces- they could no longer be 'shadow' runenrs after that, as the shadows no longer concealed them.

Slithery D
Bad Teulisch.

The correct response was: the green octopus barks at midnight.
eidolon
QUOTE (Lagomorph)
And for those of you who didn't get the decoder ring, I'll translate for you:

I have been
a
changeling
for 15 years.

Oh man. I just cracked up in a coffee shop. Good thing I'm empty at the moment, or it'd been all over my keyboard. biggrin.gif

Oh yeah, and: It's a cold day in April, and I've yet to smash the cheetos.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012