Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: bio-ware
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Straight Razor
http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?articleID...4EB83414B7F0000

this is an old article, but it really shows the potential for genetic doping. could you imagen having the mussel tone of an athletic 25 year old when you are 85.
just think about what this means for joint failure patients.

edit: spelling
venenum
QUOTE (Straight Razor)
could you immagen haveing the mussel tone of an athletic 25 year old then you are 85.
just think adout what this means for joint failure patients.

MMHHHHH..... Shellfish.
durthang
Now, I haven't read the article to know if they address this, but wouldn't having the muscle tone as an athletic 25 year old on 85 year old bones and joints cause problems?
mfb
well, at least you wouldn't be a shrimp.
eidolon
Really Big Oysters!!!
PBTHHHHT
Yum. I do hope they augment mussels. *savors at eating larger sized mussels*

hey straight razor, if you're wondering about spelling, it's 'imagine' and 'muscle'. smile.gif
Straight Razor
yes, i suck a the spelling art.

but as for the bone, joint question. most joint problems are a direct side effect of poor muscel tone. And muscel mass will encourage bone growth.
MK Ultra
Did anyone else have problems with the link? It dosnīt find the page for me.
Dog
Not working for me either.

From what you said, it sounds a lot like steroid abuse. Muscles get bigger, but the rest of the body doesn't necessarily develop alongside. Knees are often the first to go....
RainOfSteel
Yup, "page not found".
Ryu
Bones, tendons and joints adapt slower to training than muscles. Muscle enforcement would have to take that into account by either improving those at the same time or improve muscle mass in small increments.

In SR4-tech, nanites or genetech would be just right for the job.

Bone density is improved by application rather than possession of strength (a result of training). Therefore anyone with muscle enhancement should train regularily, else any test of strength may result in broken bones.
Chrome Shadow
Ouch!!!
Glyph
The description for muscle replacement cyberware mentions calcium treatments and skeletal reinforcement. Curiously, the bioware doesn't, although things like inflamed tendons only happen when the bioware is stressed, so they probably do something.

There are also cyber and bio options such as bone lacing, bone density treatments, and enhanced articulation, for those who want the rest of their body to keep up with their improved muscles.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012