Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Free Spirit Attributes
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
6thDragon
I noticed that free spirits stats are slightly vague. First it lists the stats under "Using Karma" and says "[attributes] which all begin at the Force it had when it went free." The way it is written it would appear a free spirit would have all attributes equal to their force. However it would make more sense to me it they had attributes the same as a spirit of equal force and type. Example a free fire spirit would be no different as a bound fire spirit except the obvious edge attribute. I wonder if this is what the authors intended. What are everyone's thoughts on this?
Jaid
QUOTE (6thDragon)
I noticed that free spirits stats are slightly vague. First it lists the stats under "Using Karma" and says "[attributes] which all begin at the Force it had when it went free." The way it is written it would appear a free spirit would have all attributes equal to their force. However it would make more sense to me it they had attributes the same as a spirit of equal force and type. Example a free fire spirit would be no different as a bound fire spirit except the obvious edge attribute. I wonder if this is what the authors intended. What are everyone's thoughts on this?

i would tend to agree with you... seems a little fishy to me.
FrankTrollman
It does in fact mean that the attributes begin at the level they were when it was the Force it was when it went free.

There were a lot of versions of that statement on the table and the final version is an amalgum of several alternate statements. I'm sorry that it ended it up like that. It doesn't specifically need errata because the correct interpretation is a valid interpretation of the statement. It is vaguer than I would like it and I hope it gets an FAQ explanation.

-Frank
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012