Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GM Resource
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Dragoonkin
This image here fits perfectly onto a 3x5 card in landscape mode, for any of you with a printer that has a manual-feed mode of some type.

I hacked this out of Aaron Pavao's NPC Character Sheet without, er, asking permission first. Hopefully he won't be too upset with me. biggrin.gif *beg/grovel/apologize/etc*

Anyway...it fits perfectly on a 3x5 card (at least for me) so I figured SOMEONE might get some use out of it.

[Edit] Sorry Aaron, spelled your name wrong! Yet another sin I'll burn for. *grovel* [/Edit]
Dragoonkin
Action shot, for anyone who's curious how it'd look real-life style instead of on-screen.

I'm using a terrible crap mechanical pencil in that shot, so mind the fact my lines are big and fat...and apparently flash reflects off pencil. At least I cut my sock out of the down-angle picture so y'all didn't need to see it.
WhiskeyMac
That's a really good resource. Hopefully you won't be sent to hell for hacking biggrin.gif haha!
Aaron
QUOTE (Dragoonkin)
I hacked this out of Aaron Pavoa's NPC Character Sheet without, er, asking permission first. Hopefully he won't be too upset with me. biggrin.gif *beg/grovel/apologize/etc*

That's going to depend on the quality of the work. Lemme look ...

Hm ... [checks out image file]

Very nice. The only tweak I would offer is that there's room for a small two-line attribution between the skills and the damage tracks, rotated ninety degrees. I'd suggest your URL for the first line, and something like "based on" and then my URL on the second.

May I link it on my site?

And for the record, I'm not peeved by people adapting my Shadowrun stuff. To be so would be hypocritical: I adpated it from FanPro, after all. For example, McQuillan (at least, I assume that the screen name matches the real-life guy) made a simple but brilliant adaptation to my cheatsheets, printing them four-up on card stock for Gen Con; I thought it was one of the coolest things I saw in Indy this year.

QUOTE (Dragoonkin)
[Edit] Sorry Aaron, spelled your name wrong! Yet another sin I'll burn for. *grovel* [/Edit]

Y'know, you could have fixed my name in the post in your edit ...
Aaron
QUOTE (Dragoonkin)
Action shot, for anyone who's curious how it'd look real-life style instead of on-screen.

Nice. If it helps, I'd intended the Astral Initiative and IP to be on the same line, e.g. "6/3" in the same box. I know it doesn't quite jive with the normal Init/IP entries, but I was out of ideas for a fourth box in that column.
Dragoonkin
QUOTE (Aaron @ Sep 16 2006, 09:57 AM)
Y'know, you could have fixed my name in the post in your edit ...

I did...I er...made two mistakes and just noticed the second. sarcastic.gif

As for an attribution...let me see what I can do, I'm already working near the limit of what I can accomplish in teeny-weeny fonts. *pulls down the existing image for now, will work on it in a sec*

Okay, there we go...that's the prettiest I can get the text to come out at a teeny font size...PSP just isn't "working" with me today. Original post edited with the new graphic, here it is, also.

If you want to link it, that's cool. Dunno how "permanent" ImageShack is, but I've still the copy on my computer anyway...whole image only comes up to (surprisingly) 75k as it stands, though.
Aaron
Speaking of McQuillan's idea, I've posted a version of the cheat sheets which is intended to be printed four-up. I tried to force it to be four-up without going through a printer driver, but the fonts were having none of it. I tried to squeeze your three-by-five version into one corner, but it didn't fit very well, so I had to make a new one (sorry).

Anyway, the sheet has been added to my Shadowrun Resources page.
BishopMcQ
Yes, I am one in the same with the guy you met at GenCon.

I've got a nifty add-on for Acrobat that does the 4-up thing for me. Let me know if you need anything .
Dragoonkin
If you want a fancy way to print things out, I'd recommend FinePrint. It works with pretty much any kind of printer, as it's a...er..."pre-driver" is the best way I can explain it...edits your print before it hits the printer.

I used it to print out the "cheat sheets" 2 per page, double-sided...so I've Melee/Ranged/Spellcasting/Defense on a single double-sided sheet for my players.

It costs a bit, but the savings in paper/ink are worth it, IMO...plus you can make things much more neat.

I tried to squeeze your three-by-five version into one corner, but it didn't fit very well, so I had to make a new one (sorry).

It probably wouldn't...the aspect ratio on a 3x5 card versus a 8.5x11 sheet are rather different. That's why I had to hack it up especially for a 3x5 card, there's just no way to squeeze it onto a regular 8.5x11 sheet unless you waste a good deal of space.
JongWK
Very nice! *thumbs up*
BookWyrm
Excellent work!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012