Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TMs and Resonance Quests
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Cheops
I ran a game once with a character who was playing a TM Private Eye. They were trying to find a senator's son who'd run off to join Humanis bootcamp. The TM had submersed once and so had access to the Resonance Realms (or whatever). He decided to go the realm of Library Sprites (or whatever they're called) to basically do the ultimate data search.

We basically did it diceless and RPed out him at the airport in Pittsburg, on the flight, in Sea-Tac and then had a very nasty fight with a bunch of agents when he showed up at the bootcamp.

I'm wondering if anyone else has tried to do a Resonance Quest and how you handled it. Does anyone have a diced method for quick res? Any house rules out there?
GrinderTheTroll
QUOTE (Cheops)
I ran a game once with a character who was playing a TM Private Eye. They were trying to find a senator's son who'd run off to join Humanis bootcamp. The TM had submersed once and so had access to the Resonance Realms (or whatever). He decided to go the realm of Library Sprites (or whatever they're called) to basically do the ultimate data search.

We basically did it diceless and RPed out him at the airport in Pittsburg, on the flight, in Sea-Tac and then had a very nasty fight with a bunch of agents when he showed up at the bootcamp.

I'm wondering if anyone else has tried to do a Resonance Quest and how you handled it. Does anyone have a diced method for quick res? Any house rules out there?

I like doing dice tests for more mundane chores and roleplay the more-critical tasks.
Cheops
I was kind of hoping people might share some experiences and maybe some house rules to make them take a little less time. While I understand that it is important to role-play the important stuff it is much harder to bring non-TMs along on a quest with the TM than it is for mages to bring mundanes along on a Metaplanar quest. As a result everyone else sits around for upwards of half an hour.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012