Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Inject Poisons
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Nightshade-
Could someone tell me where in 3rd edition it says how to handle attacks with blowguns or narcojet pistols\rifles. I'm trying to inject characters with a poison and I need to know the rules for injection. More specifically do I have to make a called shot to a non-armored area, is there a gun that will fire an injected poison with a dart through armor? Please tell me what book and page the information is on?

Thanks
Tanka
Man and Machine should handle poisons and such in its pharmaceuticals section.
Zander Coyote
I believe as far as penatration goes you need to get more successes in the attack test then the victims impact armour. Or say "Your poisoned cause I'm the GM dammit!" jk
TonkaTuff
Wow, the rules are actually pretty difficult to sort out. Though, yeah, it looks like you make your Attack test, then the target makes their Dodge test (if they can). Because the projectile is capable of delivering the full payload no matter where it sticks you, if they don't make a clean dodge, any partial dodge successes are discarded and your full Attack successes are then opposed by the target's armor (impact for dartguns, double impact for blowguns). If you have any successes left after that, then they make the Body test vs. the payload toxin. The target gets two chances to avoid taking the damage, but they're both all-or-nothing, rather than cumulative like a regular ranged attack.
Ancient History
Just use DMSO.
Sicarius
what about a capsule round from a firearm? that should pierce armor right?
Ancient History
No, that would be about the equivalent of a paintball. Except filled with poison.
Sicarius
gotcha.
KarmaInferno
DMSO in a splash grenade is even better. Throw a dozen, make it a party.

biggrin.gif

Or use an arrow if the situation allows, one dose coating I believe. Any damage and their tagged.
I used this with cyanide O how my players loved me.
Vaevictis
At least it wasn't atropine.
TonkaTuff
DMSO in a dart round wouldn't do alot of good. It works fine for capsule rounds and the spray guns because both delivery systems cover the target in the DMSO/payload mixture and are absorbed through the armor fabric (and eventually, the skin). You can even mix it in to effectively make an injection vector chem into a contact vector chem. But a dart filled with DMSO and whatever would still need to stick into the target b/c the delivery system relies on capillary action (or negative pressure or a similar process, since there's no plunger as in a regular syringe) to draw the payload chemical out of the dart reservior.

Of course, the rules themselves are nowhere near that specific about it. But, then, they never explicitly state how to resolve a dart test, in the first place. c'est le jeu.
Tanka
DMSO in a dart is a wasted dose of DMSO. Just splash them with it, throw some chems in their face, and let it happen.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012