Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Television Show - Smith
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
PBTHHHHT
Anybody else watching/seen this show?
It's about an equivalent to a runner team who are tasked to rob some paintings from a museum. They're doing the setup right now for it.
krayola red
Yeah, I plan on giving that show a look-see sometime in the future. It'll probably be another overdramatized and unrealistically cinematic bastardization of actual crime, but I have very plebeian tastes and like shows like Desperate Housewives, so who gives a shit. smile.gif
Zolhex
It was a good ep we'll see what they do over the next couple of weeks and then i'll decide if I want to continue watching it.

If I don't like it I'll go to Deathwatch and vote for it to go away lol.
SL James
It's no less realistic than most shadowruns I've seen (and, well, shit, run).
SL James
Oh, well. So, I caught the second episode.

I'm still not sure how keen I am on it. These guys seem way too brazen for my tastes, especially when the show that precedes it does a much better job of the subterfuge, stealth and distraction I prefer in my shadowruns.
hobgoblin
when you want to steal a painting, you do like they did in norway about a year or so ago. run in at broad daylight, grab said paintings of the wall, run back out...
krayola red
I just caught the first episode, and I've gotta say that I'm not much of a fan. The crime aspect is pretty solid, like James said, but the characters are bland as paste. I'll probably watch a few more episodes before I decide whether or not to abandon it, but my expectations aren't too high right now.
SL James
For some reason, I don't think the actors' are, either. Something in Ray Liotta's eyes, especially, seemed to telegraph, "This is cool (or has promise, anyway), but if we make it past 13 eps it'll be a miracle."
Dread Polack
Did anyone watch "Thief" on FX a few months ago? I thought it was very good. How does it compare to this one?

Dread Polack
PBTHHHHT
I missed this latest episode so I can't comment. I just thought the first one was kinda interesting because of the heist and their planning. How was this second one?
2bit
I'd watch it, but my wife hates ray liotta nyahnyah.gif
SL James
I'd watch Thief if I had cable, if for no other reason than because Andre Brauer is the fucking man.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012