Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Forearm blades - RL
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
PBTHHHHT
http://www.muc.muohio.edu/~natedogg/main.htm
Check out the link above. Some guy made it for his Halloween costume. Reminds of the good 'ol Snap on forearm blades.
Dranem
Or, unless you're an X-men fan, looks a lot like hand-razor cyber-implant... though I don't this than hand razors are that long in the sourcebooks, seeing as they're longer than what the hand can contain... wink.gif
Kagetenshi
If anyone has seen Texhnolyze, one of the characters there has a perfect example of a (small) retractable spur.

~J
SL James
I like the idea of taking foot-long retractable blades to a party where he could get drunk off his ass. That's class.
Fygg Nuuton
So is balancing tediously on railings and such with sharpened steel attached to your arm.
WhiskeyMac
But it's so bad-ass biggrin.gif Besides, he has a cool way to open beer for the ladies wink.gif
Fygg Nuuton
QUOTE (WhiskeyMac)
But it's so bad-ass biggrin.gif Besides, he has a cool way to open beer for the ladies wink.gif

Why do I picture the episode of Family Guy where Peter becomes a jouster, and tries to butter toast with his lance, only to do it horribly, then catch meg by the earring?
SL James
QUOTE (Fygg Nuuton)
So is balancing tediously on railings and such with sharpened steel attached to your arm.

Yeah, but that'd only result in his stupid ass getting hurt.
Squinky
I have sadly seen that site before....
mmu1
QUOTE (SL James)
I like the idea of taking foot-long retractable blades to a party where he could get drunk off his ass. That's class.

You must have a real problem with having beer bottles at parties, then, since they can be broken and turned into razor-sharp weapons much more dangerous that some dull strips of aluminum?
eidolon
That's pretty sweet. The costume itself is pretty well done too. Far superior to any costume I'll find the time to hack together this year.
ShadowDragon8685
What I want to know is:

Can they be extended and retracted really fast, without touching them with the other hand (or worse, having to roll up your sleeve or get someone else's help)?

If so, awesome. If not, nice, but lame.
James McMurray
They look nice, but I doubt they're very dangerous. Likely they'd fall apart of they actually hit anything. That's a good thing though, since it's just a costume.
Kagetenshi
Speaking of costumes, he loses a billion cool points for not wearing yellow spandex.

~J
Ed_209a
I'll give him a 8 for ingenuity, 1 for being a superhero fanboy.

I would have love to see the yellow spandex too, but I remember in the first X-movie, the makers said they just couldn't make it look right. probably more like Star Trek than what we think of at superhero spandex.
Shrike30
"What's with the costumes?"
"Would you have preferred yellow spandex?"

(or something like that) - X-Men 1
blakkie
I would expect that trying to make the costume out of yellow spandex, especially with that haircut, would have made him look more like a hick version of Richard Simons. dead.gif

PBTHHHHT
Thank you for that horrible visualization. nyahnyah.gif
hyzmarca
It would be cooler if he actually got a surgeon to implant the them in his arms.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012