Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arsenal?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Casper
Hey whats up guys,
Just wandering if there has been any new developments since the announcment of Arsenal for November. Does that still look feasible or is it getting pushed back. Any previews? Fanatics need to know.

dog_xinu
we all would like to know but we all have to be patient. I am drooling over this release just like everyone else.

lorechaser
It'll be out on 122/323/2939.

I'm using the Zenubian Monkey calendar, but I'm 100% sure of the date....
kzt
QUOTE (lorechaser @ Sep 30 2006, 10:06 PM)
I'll be out on 122/323/2939.

I'm using the Zenubian Monkey calendar, but I'm 100% sure of the date....

It depends on what convenient but incompetent printer they use. A to Z (iirc) screwed them of many tens of thousands of dollars of sales at GenCon 05 because they couldn't deliver product. And I'm told they aren't even cheap any more.
Adam
Emergence is due up first, and then Arsenal. No dates for either yet -- Peter just had some major RL stuff go on that pushed Emergence back, but Arsenal is proceeding nicely.

Arsenal will be printed by the same printer that did Street Magic, with excellent results and a fast turn around time. wink.gif
Thanee
And afterwards it's first Augmentation and then Unwired (the big ones, surely there are some smaller products in between those)?

Bye
Thanee
Casper
I thought that Emergence got pushed back so Arsenal took its place as the next book in the line up.
Synner
QUOTE (Casper)
I thought that Emergence got pushed back so Arsenal took its place as the next book in the line up.

Arsenal, like Street Magic, as one of the rule intensive corebooks benefits from a little extra time editing and playtesting. Emergence, on the other hand, is a plot book/campaign book which walks you through the shakeups and surprises of 2070. It's rules-lite and provides context for several of the new elements of the SR setting so we're putting it out first.

I apologize in advance for any slippage in the schedule for Emergence but unexpected RL issues have interfered with my availability of late.
fistandantilus4.0
two quick questions

Any ETA for Emergence, or is it to soon to tell still?

Where is Emergence set? Or is it more metaplot general, no particular place, like Lood in the Boardroom was?
winterhawk11
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0)
Where is Emergence set? Or is it more metaplot general, no particular place, like Lood in the Boardroom was?

Emergence is more metaplot general, and takes place pretty much all over the world. I'd be very surprised if GMs aren't able to find something useful in it, no matter where their campaigns are set.
fistandantilus4.0
good to hear, thanks.
Casper
QUOTE (Synner @ Oct 1 2006, 12:43 PM)

I apologize in advance for any slippage in the schedule for Emergence but unexpected RL issues have interfered with my availability of late.

Trust me I definitely understand when it comes to RL getting in the way. I hope its nothing to serious and it is resolved quickly for you.

Good Luck
dog_xinu
From what I heard at the CONs (GenCON and DragonCON) there is 6 books out starting with Street Magic through Unwired over the next year(-ish). Street Magic, Arsenal, Augmentation and Unwired are the Rule Books where things like Emergence are settings books. The schedule is mixed up so there will be a rule book then settings book the rule book etc. There is no concrete dates although I have heard of firm dates for some of the books. But as Adam mentioned that someone had a personal issue in their RL, that type of thing could always push a date. No one can prevent that. Life just happens.

dog
BookWyrm
All too true, Dog. I keep checking the main site for any clue (since they don't list the SR products anymore in Previews) & plan accordingly.
NightHaunter
Arsenal: Might book a day off work to read it! biggrin.gif
Geekkake
QUOTE (NightHaunter)
Arsenal: Might book a day off work to read it! biggrin.gif

No "might" about it, over here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012