Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: faq's @ fanpro
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
fool
I believe that several people on this board work for fanpro, and I'm wondering when we can expect to have an official faq page on the site so we can look up "official" answers to our questions rather just getting a general consensus here on dumpshock
Moon-Hawk
The way thread topics are underlined I thought the Q was a G!!!! smile.gif
Anyone else have that moment?
lorechaser
*raises hand*

I had my flamethrower on full auto when I got here. wink.gif
fistandantilus4.0
yeah, that was my first thought too

Listen fool (hehe,sorry couldn't resist), Bull's one of the freelancers w/ FanPro, and if you scroll up on the SR4 page, you'll see he's working on getting the unofficial faq together for the matrix, and Unwired isn't even out yet. It takes time for them to put something liek a faq together. Street Magic just came out, people are still thinking up questions, so there's not really enough questions yet for them to be frequently asked.

They're still trying to churn out the books were supposed to be asking questions about, so it'll be a while. Personally, I prefer it that way 'cause ,well, I want a new book. I haven't had much to read lately, and you can only read Runner Havens so many times. Since most of the people that would be answering your questions on on this site a bunch anyways, might as well ask your questions here.
Lagomorph
Actually the unofficial FAQ isn't happening now, it's getting rolled into an official faq

QUOTE (Bull's last post in the FAQ thread)
Ok, Rob's working on an SR4 FAQ this week, so I sent in what I got done to him. I have no clue how long it will be before he posts it, and there were a handful of answers I left for him to make the final call on, as there were definately some ambiguous questions and answers there. So I can't even post a "prelim" Hacking FAQ as I don't know what some of the final answers will look like.
imperialus
heh, I was just surprised the thread wasn't locked.
Ophis
guilty as charged, damn fonts.
Synner
We are hammering out some odds and ends in both the errata and FAQ, but it shouldn't be long before you see something on the site. We are also looking to include errata and FAQs for Street Magic in the next batch.

If anyone has a potential FAQ that you really want addressed I suggest you send it in ASAP to: info@shadowrunrpg.com
fool
yeah I just noticed that the q wound up looking like a g. Sorry if anyone was offended.
I was just thinking that it's been nearly a year since the core book came out and the sr3 faqs were about stuff that was in the core book, so they might be having some come out soon.
I hate to admit that I almost never look at the top of the board, though i knew that bull was collecting questions for unwired, I thought that it was for questions to be answered by the book.
Butterblume
Maybe that's the reason why it is spelled FAQ instead of faq... I don't really know spin.gif.
Bull
QUOTE (fool)
I hate to admit that I almost never look at the top of the board, though i knew that bull was collecting questions for unwired, I thought that it was for questions to be answered by the book.

Nope, I as collecting general questions about Hacking, which I endeavoured to answer as best I could using the SR4 core rules. There were more than a few areas where I had to try and discern the intent of the rules as written to answer the questions, and a few that were ambiguous enough that I couldn't flat out answer them, but... I think all told I had 78 or 79 questions (Plus a few multi-part questions) in the final write up I sent Rob.

Bull
ShadowDragon
QUOTE (Synner)
We are hammering out some odds and ends in both the errata and FAQ, but it shouldn't be long before you see something on the site. We are also looking to include errata and FAQs for Street Magic in the next batch.

If anyone has a potential FAQ that you really want addressed I suggest you send it in ASAP to: info@shadowrunrpg.com

Any sort of ETA? Even if it's something as broad as say, "before Christmas."
Adam
Before Christmas.
hobgoblin
atleast its not the old stanby: when its done...
Bull
It could be worse, could be my old standby of "Real Soon Now..."

wink.gif

Bull
mfb
can i say it? someone has to say it.

i pity the fool who asks for an SR FAQ!
fool
my favorite answer to the question when will it be done? 15 minutes
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012