Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: whats happen?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Lividicus
what happens when stain III is released at the astral rift in DC?

my players want to know what happens when this is released LOL.....

i am thinking something extremely bad what do you think?

ideas needed
Slithery D
The military mages guarding it notice and quickly destroy it with whatever spells it is that are supposed to kill it. (Sterilize and Cure Disease, if I'm not mistaken, and nevermind that neither, but especially the former, should have any effect on the astral.)
FrankTrollman
Sterilize and Cure Disease, if I'm not mistaken, and nevermind that neither, but especially the former, should have any effect on the astral.

So?

It's a dual natured bacteria. You can kill it by fighting its astral form with manablasts and shit, or you can sterilize the actual living bacteria. Either will kill it. It's an Astral Menace that you can kill with Purell.

-Frank
SL James
Assuming it gets through the Bunker in the first place.
Jaid
i wonder what would happen if you astral gateway'd strain III to the metaplanes though. maybe ares should send some to the Hive and find out =D
Slithery D
QUOTE (FrankTrollman)
Sterilize and Cure Disease, if I'm not mistaken, and nevermind that neither, but especially the former, should have any effect on the astral.

So?

It's a dual natured bacteria. You can kill it by fighting its astral form with manablasts and shit, or you can sterilize the actual living bacteria. Either will kill it. It's an Astral Menace that you can kill with Purell.

I thought Strain III was purely astral, not dual natured.
FrankTrollman
QUOTE (Slithery D)
I thought Strain III was purely astral, not dual natured.

QUOTE (Street Magic @ page 127)
FAB III is a dual-natured mutant variant of FAB II that
actively seeks out and feeds on magical energies and astral forms.

It's an understandable confusion, FAB III only affects Astral Forms. But that's just because the physical form of it is essentially harmless.

-Frank
Lividicus
so basically they shouldnt be successful. but what if they were what do you think the effects of it would be?
FrankTrollman
QUOTE (Lividicus)
so basically they shouldnt be successful. but what if they were what do you think the effects of it would be?

Nothing would happen. While in an Astral Rift, the bacteria would have the ability to Astrally Project. But it's a bacteria. It can't make choices. It isn't going to be able to choose to go pure astral - nor would there be any advantage in it doing so.

The only interesting thing is that Shedim walk out of that rift from time to time, and the Bacteria being in that region would be able to jump them and hitch a ride. That's about it... sometimes poerul shedim would shred all the bacterial clusters, and sometimes weak shedim would get devoured in short order.

No Rube Goldbergian apocalypse would occur.

-Frank
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012