B:F+2
S:F+1
R:F +3
A: F
C:F+2
L: F
I:F
W:F
Powers: Astral Form, Banishing Resistance, Magical Guard, Materialization, Sapience, Spirit Pact, Divining, Realistic Form, Shadow Cloak, Aura Masking, Influence, Astral Gateway
Skills: Sorcery Skill Group, Unarmed Combat, Astral Combat,, Influence Skill Group, Assensing, Dodge

In 1955 the then young Faustus used arcane rituals found in books in his local library's occult section to pull Maubis from his cushy position of a buearucrat in Sheol, overseeing the torment and corruption of human souls, into our plane. He forced Maubis into a Formula pact and the two became fast friends. The malevolent demon was originally angry about the arangement but he has since insunated himself into several criminal and political orginizations and found that the humans of Earth are a great source of karma

Vince (L:1 C:2)
Talismonger/Full Magician/part-time runner, occasionally puts Faust's knowledge and Arcana skills to use.

Lilith (L:2 C:3)
The Whore of Babylon in the most Literal Sense, the Succubus Lilith sells sexual favors for karma and secret political power. While she mostly operates in the Middle East her nature as a Spirit means that she gets around

Abaddon (L:1 C:4)
The lord of one of the many metaplanes that may as well be called Hell. Maubis's former boss. His hunger for perversion and suffering is matched only by his hunger for karma.

The Mundane Fausian has masterful knowledge of free spirits and the metaplanes. Despite he makes up for his lack fo actual magical power by bargaining with and binding free spirits and is potentially far more powerful than any magician due to the spirits at his call. However, with this power comes great danger. The Mundane Faustian is always in danger of being betrayed or killed by those spirits he tries to control.
Xenefungus
I really like you character idea of a mundane norm possessing Arcana and a Spitit Pact. smile.gif

Trying to build up someone similar the question rose what kind of spirit pact would be suitable for a mundane - the only one I found was the one that let you get access to a spirit's power for 24 hours - Regeneration would certainly be cool wink.gif. Perhaps combined the the one that lets you be the only functional formular of the spirit so that you have something to bargain with. "I am protecting you by being the only formula that can harm you, and you give me access to you Regeneration to keep me alive." ^^"

Hence I'd be interested in seeing what pact you chose smile.gif
hyzmarca
I intentionally chose to avoid giving Regeneration to Maubis before it was so cheesy. First, many GMs wouldn't allow it. Second, I was trying to make a general purpose non-munched archetype character rather than the most broken things possible. Third, regeneration really isn't as useful in SR4 as it was in SR3, especially when a mundane has the power (No magic means fewer hits) and 2 body means very few hits. Glitching a regeneration test is bad.

The preference would be access to any 2 of Maubis' powers at any given time (a Edge 3 spirit can make 3 Pacts). Aura Masking and Influence for face work, Astral Gateway for exploring the Metaplanes, Divining for divining, and Shadow Cloak for Infiltration. If necessary he could also grab some grab Desire Reflection from Lilith in exchange for wild Succubus sex and the accompanying karma drain. Incidentally, I are torn between making his addiction to the general use of spirit powers (which forces him to drop karma making Power Pacts) and making his addiction specifically to wild Succubus sex (which is far more hazardous and far more addictive)

None is exceptionally good but if I were to make a highly overpowered set of combat-oriented spirit powers it is doubtful that any GM would allow it.
It is, however, quite possible to munch out such a character. I did consider giving him Astral Combat, Counterspelling, and Assensing skills.

With Counterspelling maxed out and the Magical Guard power he would be a very useful anti-magic character (particularly if he had Magic Resistance, too). With Astral Combat and Astral Gateway he could force otherwise mundane characters to project or perceive and fight them on the Astral Plane where he would have the upper hand.

As written, he is more of a legwork guy than an action guy, but that can be rectified by rearranging some BP.
dabigz732
QUOTE (hyzmarca)
Glitching a regeneration test is bad.

I dunno... I've always wanted a third arm.
blakkie
QUOTE (dabigz732)
QUOTE (hyzmarca @ Oct 3 2006, 04:06 PM)
Glitching a regeneration test is bad.

I dunno... I've always wanted a third arm.

... possessed by a deamon! lick.gif love.gif
Fresno Bob
Guy's been around for 130 years and his knowledge skills are that low?
hyzmarca
Hell, I don't remember most of my college courses from last year. I certainly wouldn't remember them from a certury ago.
Fresno Bob
Well granted, but he'd probably know a lot about television shows starting at the 70s and going from there.
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Voorhees)
Well granted, but he'd probably know a lot about television shows starting at the 70s and going from there.

That is true, but the SR4 system does not really encourage people to waste knowledge skill points on things like that, not when Spirit Politics could actually be useful.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012