Full Version: IC Recruiting for Genesis
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Vegas
Posted: 19:53:08 Monday April 4, 2070
In: shadowland

Can you drive better than the best?
Do you know your way around vehicles?
Do you own a multi-person transport?
Can you hold your drek when things get all types of fragged up?

Then I’m looking for you. I need to hire on for a job. Vehicle is a must, skills are non-negotiable. If you can’t drive I don’t want, or need you. Family connections are a plus.

Leave your resume at the beep.

LTG: 5491.22.4015

-Asia
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The nitty gritty details.

We need a rigger for this game (Genesis). This is an “IC” Recruitment thread. In other words, my character (a fixer/face) is putting out the feelers to recruit a solid character to complete our team.

There aren’t many character creations guidelines, only pre-reqs are that A) you’re a rigger and B) you’ve got a multi-person vehicle.

The game is SR4, with all the regular avail/BP rules. The only thing that is house ruled is the usual 2 X Charisma points for contacts.

The run is very much geared toward investigation and “puzzle solving”. It will start in Seattle, but can easily take the PC in a few different countries/continents. There will probably be some combat, but it all depends on the group of players and characters we end up with. Since MisterJuan tends to run his games around the characters involved in it, the game might take a bit of a different flavor depending on what submissions he gets. This also means that he very much enjoys characters with a well thought out background. Good backgrounds and such will probably even get extra karma or goodies, since he’s more interested in roleplay and rollplay. If things go well, he could very well turn this thing in an actual campaign, so people interested in one shots, please don’t bother.

The Game:

IC Thread

OOC Thread

Don’t submit your character to me, send a PM to MisterJuan, his game, his choice.
Ankle Biter
20:42:07 Monday April 4, 2070

So what's the pay like?

<<Ankle Biter. 20:42:07 Monday April 4, 2070. An assault Cannon with AV ammo is 9 Points of the Law.>>
PirateChef
03:13:21 Tuesday April 5, 2070

I'm intersted, though pay does deserve some consideration, as well as details of the work involved.

-Tagger
BlackHat
03:15:38 Tuesday April 5, 2070

As another member of this team, I'll throw in a few more details I think you should know - and let Asia handle the rest.

Pay: Depends. Negotiate with Asia. I could throw out a number, but honestly, it depends on what you bring to the table. We're essentially subcontracting here. We were hired on reputation, but we are looking for someone to fill a hole in our skillset. To me, personally, skill is every bit as good as Street Cred.

Details: We need a Driver. Public transportation sucks, especially when you're armed to the teeth. If you have drones, that's a bonus. This is mostly an investigation mission - so we're not expecting trouble, and mostly want to dodge cab fare at this point. Still, I feel better when I've got my gear nearby, and we might need to leave in a hurry. I'd prefer to see an descrete armored car than a CityMaster with a roof-mounted rocket-launcher. Details beyond this are inappropriate until we know more about you.

If you are willing to cart Runners around for a share of the cred, we wanna hear from you.
If you're willing to work side-by-side with them for a better share of the cred, we really want to hear from you.
If not, no hard feelings, Chummer.

-Dual
PirateChef
13:40:22 Tuesday April 5, 2070

From the sound of it I could probably fulfill your transportation needs. I've got the right vehicle, and I don't mind getting my hands dirty working alongside anybody. Let me know if the position is still open

-Tagger
pragma
13:35:48 Tuesday April 5, 2070

Bluejay here, looking for work in Seattle. I have a few surveillance drones, a few smuggler friends and a keen lack of employment. I'm in the Seattle area for the time being, drop me a line.

<< (I'm a true blues survivor) - Joe Louis Walker >>
DireRadiant
14:25:08 Tuesday April 5, 2070

Deliveries Expedited Systems specializes in secure high value cargo transportation throughout the Pacific Northwest.

Unbondable uninsurable goods a specialty.

Need to deliver a package from the Seattle Metroplex to Salish within the day? Call D.E.S.!

Packages 10 kilos or less guaranteed delivery anywhere within the Seattle Metroplex within 90 minutes. Call D.E.S.!

Are you the special package that needs to be securely delivered? Personal transportation services at special rates. Call D.E.S.!

Lost a package? Package location and tracking services available. Call D.E.S.!

Require a secure mobile communications network? Call D.E.S.!

References available on request.

For initial quotes contact D.E.S. special automated Agent OWL LTG: 6544.21.4015
BlackHat
[ Spoiler ]
Konsaki
14:25:50 Tuesday April 5, 2070

Yo, yo, yo!
If you need someone to get you somewhere fast, I'm your man! I'll get you there, and if I cant, I'll get you there anyways!
I got me some wheels, some little crawly and flyin' things, and a good arm if you know what I mean. XD
Just let me get together a list of what I can do, a what-u-mc'callit... Resume thing, and I'll send it your way.
Er... and how many big guys are you needing moved and how much is the pay?

Radical Ed
-I go 10 speeds: Fast and Faster!-
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012