Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Archives of Old Forum?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Derek
I was looking for a post I made circa 2001 or so, and I relaized this forum hasn't archived back that far. Are the archives anywhere to be found?
nezumi
Currently the old jive forums are not available. There have been efforts to bring it online, but it's very time consuming.
Derek
Hmm, ok. That kind of sucks. Lots of good info there.
Bodak
What's the story behind why we moved to the new site? Did the old host computer die / ISP liquidate / etc?
Adam
New computer + new forum software. Same ISP.
Bodak
So if the old box still runs, it could be booted up, virus scanner updated, and then attached to its old domain name once again? Sure it might be slow and the old fora would be read-only, but we could search and read all the old stuff again?
toturi
QUOTE (Bodak)
So if the old box still runs, it could be booted up, virus scanner updated, and then attached to its old domain name once again? Sure it might be slow and the old fora would be read-only, but we could search and read all the old stuff again?

Like when you get nostalgic for Polaris? biggrin.gif
RainOfSteel
Perhaps the example listed in decking for dummies, need help with decking is a good recommendation for bringing back at least select elements of the past.
FlakJacket
Speaking of archives, what ever happened to the RN ones? Tried the other day and it wouldn't let me access them.
RainOfSteel
QUOTE (FlakJacket)
Speaking of archives, what ever happened to the RN ones? Tried the other day and it wouldn't let me access them.

What links I have discovered, both for the ShadowRN archives and for attempting to subscribe to ShadowRN, are dead.

I sent e-mails to the listed admins, but received no response.
Mr. Man
I too have long wanted to view the old forums (both Jive and the even older UBB). There's a lot of gold in those hills.

Is getting them back up a task that might be sort of "outsourced"? Maybe send the files to a volunteer with the necesary skills and more spare time than the current forum admins have?

I'm sure we could find someone around here who fits that description...
FlakJacket
QUOTE (RainOfSteel)
What links I have discovered, both for the ShadowRN archives and for attempting to subscribe to ShadowRN, are dead.

Got it. Seems the ShadowRN Archive link is still pointing at http://warthog.dumpshock.com/pipermail/shadowrn/ probably from when we had to change servers. Swap out warthog for lists so that the address reads as http://lists.dumpshock.com/pipermail/shadowrn/ gets you in and then all the links seem to work. I'll mention it over in the Bug Reports, Feature Requests section.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012