Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: B/R Defaulting
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
ialdabaoth
In Skill Defaulting, do Build/Repair skills count as a single 'skill group'? I.e., can I default to Edged Weapon B/R for an Electronics B/R test if I don't have Electronics B/R?

Or does B/R 'cut across' Attributes, so I can default to the base Active skill if I don't have the B/R skill?

Or do B/R skills just not default?
FlakJacket
I'd say not. I mean, how much in common is there between forging a sword and putting together a circuit board? But that's just a 5am guesstimate so take with pinch of salt. smile.gif
mfb
i could be wrong, but i believe B/R skills are grouped the same way as the base skills are.
Wonazer
I do not know of the specific rule, but I would have to agree with MFB. You should be able to default a Pistol check from SMG...
Siege
Don't confuse logic with game mechanics. grinbig.gif

-Siege
Wonazer
You just leave your game mechanics out of my logic...
ialdabaoth
Hrm. This *DOES* make sense - each B/R skill A can default to any B/R skill B if the standard skill A could default to standard skill B, but all B/R skills default to Intelligence. Works for me.
Siege
I'd go so far as to say _related_ B/R skills can default.

If you know how you can work on, say, a handgun -- odds are you can make an intelligent attempt on rifles.

However, computer B/R wouldn't apply.

-Siege
Wonazer
QUOTE (Siege)

If you know how you can work on, say, a handgun -- odds are you can make an intelligent attempt on rifles.

-Siege

Computer B/R is simply an advanced form of electronics...
Siege
QUOTE (Nindaru)
QUOTE (Siege @ Oct 22 2003, 02:46 PM)

-Siege

Computer B/R is simply an advanced form of electronics...

Right, but would you allow a character to use Computer B/R to try and fix a rifle?

I should have prefaced it with the "Polaris Caveat".

-Siege
Drain Brain
I don't know, chummer... some o' these new-fangled weapons comin' outta them Ares plants - they more computer than gun! All digital this and battery operated that... Come a long way from the muskett...

wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012